well it's over year later since contacting Marshall tech support and still no joy.

votes

Well, I posted pictures, screenshots, sent in loads of requests for support, all to no avail, as the app refuses to run on my Nexus tablet or my Andriod phone.

I had one or two half arsed replies in the early stages, was asked for more screenshots, which I provided, however, seems like they've updated the app to such an extent, that it will no longer run on the Google Nexus (Android 6.0.1) or the Honor 8S android (android 9).

Shame really, without the app, the amp is a pig to use.

Looks like I'll have to let it go and that will be my lesson learned, that is, don't buy something because of the price, the name on the front makes no difference.

It is a perfect example of 'you get what you pay for' and in this case, it was a dogs dinner.

edited 20 Sep 2022 at 06:49 PM

Chris Davies (12)

asked 20 Sep 2022 at 06:48 PM

Chris Davies (12)
Answers: 1

vote

"Shame really, without the app, the amp is a pig to use." 

Not really. Out of all the modelling type amps out there, the Code amps are the only ones where the exact same parameters that you can adjust/edit through the app are all editable through the screen and the knobs on the amp itself. So in reality, although it IS more convenient, you really don't need the "app" to make full use of the "amp" and all of it's functions.

answered 21 Sep 2022 at 01:33 PM

Kevin Towns (35)
The App was the deciding factor for me buying the amp. and since Marshall are no longer honouring the upkeep of the app and making sure it works on the Android platform, it's a deal breaker for me.
If I want to mess with dials, I'll use my tube amp setup.
- Chris Davies 21 Sep 2022 at 05:43 PM
Don't know if you will be notified but there is a updated version on the play store since yesterday (my TZ obviously) - Frédéric dj 05 Oct 2022 at 09:43 AM
Loading - please wait...