Where is the backtrack feature gone?

votes

In the previous version of the gateway app I had a tab where a backing track could be played. This feature with the new verison seems to have gone. Please advice, what do I do wrong?

Joseph

asked 04 Oct 2022 at 03:49 PM

József Lázár
Answers: 3

vote

Hi Jozef,

We can confirm that this feature has been removed in Gateway 2 and that we are researching better ways to implement the playback, i.e. playing Spotify, Apple music.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 05 Oct 2022 at 08:57 AM

votes

I used it regularly. -:(
Do you have a good alternative? What is the scheduled release date for the new playback support?

answered 05 Oct 2022 at 09:50 AM

József Lázár
Hi József, unfortunately the best you can do at the moment is to use another app to play the backtrack.

Gateway 2 is the complete remake of Gateway 1 and can lack some features. We are researching the best ways to implement the playback. Do you use mp3/wav files stored on your device for a playback? Do you use any services like Spotify, YouTube, Amazon Music or Apple Music for your playback?
- Marshall Amplification 05 Oct 2022 at 10:12 AM
Yes, I usually use mp3/wav, and as you just have suggested I now downloaded a looper program to practice. Although I'll eagerly wait for your version of a good playback/looper build-in feature. - József Lázár 05 Oct 2022 at 10:51 AM
Regarding the Playback feature, Gateway 2 has been developed completely from scratch and playback from Gateway 1 is not compatible with Gateway 2.

We have not considered creating a new playback in Gateway 2 for the following reasons:

1. Playback in Gateway 1 was limited to only loading mp3/wav files stored locally on a device.
2. In nowadays there are plenty of audio streaming services available, namely: Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, etc.
3. You can still play any mp3/wav files using any audio player app of your choice.

We would prefer users to use their own preferred ways of streaming audio music. This allows users to use much more feature rich apps, including playing playlists, favourite songs, etc., instead of using a very limited playback within Gateway 1.

Let us know if you still would prefer to load your audio (e.g., mp3, wav) files and play it within Gateway. There needs to be enough interest in this feature to allow us to invest time in developing it.
- Marshall Amplification 18 Oct 2022 at 02:30 PM
However, we are still investigating the possibility of adding the Looper feature. - Marshall Amplification 18 Oct 2022 at 02:31 PM

votes

Is there a way to downgrade?

answered 05 Oct 2022 at 09:54 AM

József Lázár
Unfortunately, the only way to downgrade would be to install manually apk for Gateway 1, however once your account has been migrated to Gateway 2, you won't be able to use your account in Gateway 1. - Marshall Amplification 05 Oct 2022 at 10:14 AM
I will wait for your solution. Until then, I will use the currently downloaded looper app. - József Lázár 05 Oct 2022 at 10:51 AM
Loading - please wait...