Playback

vote

I don't understand that upgrade with less options.

My app upgraded automatically without give me posibility if I wanted this version. I use much playback and tuner, I don't seem better the last version.

This version is more beautiful visually but less functional.

I want the old version

>:-|

asked 15 Oct 2022 at 08:40 AM

mariano ruiz (1)
Answers: 1

votes

Gateway 2 has been developed completely from scratch and playback from Gateway 1 is not compatible with Gateway 2.

We have not considered creating a new playback in Gateway 2 for the following reasons:

1. Playback in Gateway 1 was limited to only loading mp3/wav files stored locally on a device.

2. In nowadays there are plenty of audio streaming services available, namely: Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, etc. 

3. You can still play any mp3/wav files using any audio player app of your choice.

We would prefer users to use their own preferred ways of streaming audio music. This allows users to use much more feature rich apps, including playing playlists,favourite songs, etc., instead of using a very limited playback within Gateway 1.

Let us know if you still would prefer to load your audio (e.g., mp3, wav) files and play it within Gateway. There needs to be enough interest in this feature to allow us to invest time in developing it.

edited 18 Oct 2022 at 01:06 PM

answered 18 Oct 2022 at 01:04 PM

Loading - please wait...