The redesign sucks less today than yesterday

votes

I used to just plug in, headphones on, select my favourite backing track in iPhone and play along. Now that option is gone, no more playing back backing tracks.  Why?

edited 18 Oct 2022 at 11:36 AM

Gideon Vos

asked 16 Oct 2022 at 05:45 AM

Gideon Vos
Did you use the playback feature to select an mp3/wav file stored on your device?

Did you use it just for a playback or did you use it for looping the sound as well?
- Marshall Amplification 17 Oct 2022 at 12:56 PM
Answers: 1

votes

I only used it for playback. Had a list of backing tracks with drums and bass I could play over while using headset. This seems no longer possible and was the most useful feature of it all.

answered 17 Oct 2022 at 08:11 PM

Gideon Vos
You can still use any other app (Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Music, etc.) to play the track in the background while using Gateway app. Since there are so many ways to play music in nowadays, we didn't think it would add any value to have a limited playback in Gateway. - Marshall Amplification 18 Oct 2022 at 08:35 AM
That's exactly what I tried. I opened youtube, found a backing track, and when hitting play the amp got blocked. Will try this again. - Gideon Vos 18 Oct 2022 at 09:37 AM
YouTube unfortunately can pause when you leave the browser or the YouTube app. YouTube is intended to be watched rather than playing music in the background.

We just made a following test:
- Stream music via Spotify to CODE
- At the same time run Gateway and change controls of CODE
- At the same time play guitar

It all worked as intended. We could hear the streamed sound from Spotify, a guitar signal and we were able to control the CODE via Gateway all at the same time.

Could you explain what do you mean amp got blocked, please?
- Marshall Amplification 18 Oct 2022 at 10:39 AM
English is my second language, apologies. Amp did not get "blocked", once youtube opened up the gateway app stopped sending the signal, so I could listen to the backing track on youtube or hear the guitar, not both at the same time, as you point out when using youtube. I will try this again using iTunes, could not get that working first time around for same reason, and all my backing tracks were ripped off youtube into iTunes. I do not use spotify, I am one of those old guys that sticks to what works and does not require subscriptions. - Gideon Vos 18 Oct 2022 at 11:12 AM
Okay tried that and it works with iTunes. Thanks for your fast response and help, appreciate that. Redesign takes some getting used to, really preferred the last version to be honest, but the new ability to load patches direct off the web (not tried yet) is a really great addition. - Gideon Vos 18 Oct 2022 at 11:36 AM
Loading - please wait...