Code 100h settings sounds changed

votes

Hi Marshall, 

Since your latest firmware update to v1.47 on 1st September and your update to the Gateway app my sounds for my settings have changed.

For example the 00 setting for JTM Chill that should be using the Marshall JTM45 2245, clean setting is now distorted and despite trying to modify it I can no longer get back the lovely clean sound it had as want to be able to use cleans, crunches and distorions for the various modeling offerings so have now lost one of the three types of pre-amps.

Can I roll back to the previous firmware v1.46 which did not have this issue or is it your Gateway update that is causing this change?

Kind regards

Mick Lawson

asked 31 Oct 2022 at 09:52 AM

Michael Lawson (2)
Hi Michael,

Please make sure you are not connected to CODE with Gateway.

Does the Preset 00 on you CODE amp has all the original settings or has any parameter value changed for that preset?
- Marshall Amplification 01 Nov 2022 at 08:54 AM
Hi Marshall,

Already checked disconnecting from the Gateway which made no difference, also I have not changed this JTMJ45 patch or any of the clean ones for other amps such as the JTM45, DSL and JVM ones. I also notice now that the Acoustic Simulator and even the Natural amp sims are now distorted rather than clean. The settings are exactly the same as before as I kept a note of them all. Also, I have ensured there are no pedals or effects enabled and tweaking Gain or Gate etc makes no difference to the quality of the cleans. This is very disappointing as had planned to record, practice and gig with both my Code 100 Combo and with my Code 100h head and 4x12 Cab. I have also tried tweeks when connected to the gateway to no avail.
- Michael Lawson 01 Nov 2022 at 10:08 AM
Do you have a Code 100 amp that has not had its firmware upgraded so you can compare the same parameters against one that has. I wish I had only updated one of mine so at least could have stopped updating the other. There should be a downgrade path guys for the amp's firmware in case of an issue like this. - Michael Lawson 01 Nov 2022 at 12:43 PM
Thank you for all the information.

Could you confirm that you upgraded your CODE unit from MCU v1.46, DSP v1.1 to MCU v1.47, DSP v1.2, please?

We are going to test the JTM Chill preset on MCU v1.46 against v1.47, and DSP v1.1 against v1.2 to see if we can reproduce your issue.

We are working on the downgrade and it will be available soon for you to try.
- Marshall Amplification 01 Nov 2022 at 01:04 PM
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Marshall folks, I can confirm that I have upgraded both my Code 100 Combo and Code 100h from MCU v1.46, DSP v1.1 to MCU v1.47, DSP v1.2. I look forward to learning the results of your independent testing of the clean settings post v1.47 against v1.46. I have tried using headphones to see if there is any differnece which there is not. Just to also confirm I am plugging in directly from my two guitars (Les Paul and Strat) to each amp not through any pedals or effects processors etc.

answered 01 Nov 2022 at 01:48 PM

Michael Lawson (2)
Thank you for confirming the versions.

We downgraded MCU version from v1.47 to v1.46 and DSP from v1.2 to v1.1 on our CODE 50 amp. We played the factory preset "JTM Chill" with a guitar, which is the preset you mentioned. There were no distortions experienced, sound was clean.

Then, we upgraded back to MCU v1.47 and DSP v1.2. We played the same "JTM Chill" preset and the sound was still clean. We didn't notice any difference.

1. In Gateway app, could you go to the published My Marshall presets screen.
2. Put in a search bar "#factory", this will show you all factory presets.
3. Then, select "JTM Chill", play your guitar and let us know if the sound is still distorted, while it should be clean.

Also, please make sure that your guitar cable is not faulty.

If none of that works, then please use this link: https://my.marshall.com/support/firmwareupdate?mcu=1.46&dsp=1.1
to downgrade your firmware version.

After the successful update  it will show the "Updates available" message, please ignore it.

1. Now, connect with Gateway.
2. Tap "Burger" menu icon next to the Marshall logo -> Tap CODE Connection -> Tap your connected CODE -> Check if MCU is now v1.46 and DSP v1.1.
3. Go to published MyMarshall presets -> Select the factory preset "JTM Chill", using #factory to search for it.
4. Check if sound is distorted for the clean preset "JTM Chill".

Let us know if that fixes your issue, please.
- Marshall Amplification 01 Nov 2022 at 05:03 PM

votes

Hi guys,

Thanks for the helpfull answer which has produced very interesting results without my needing to downgrade from the latest version.

So after haveing reset both my amps to the factory presets by holding the Amp button and then turning the amp on then clciking on the edit store buttun I still get my clean presets distorted (or crunchy).

However, when I try the same factory settings for the apps cloud Factory presets per your advice (without downgrading) I get back my clean presets working fine on the new MCU and DSP.

Which suggests that something has corrupted my local factory presets.

Therefore, how do I restore all the 100 factory presets from the cloud to my amp either via the app on my phone or the MyMarshall website from my pc please as this will fix everything back to normal again, then I can change the presets I wish to amend.

Kind regards

Mick

answered 02 Nov 2022 at 12:25 PM

Michael Lawson (2)
"then clciking on the edit store buttun I still get my clean presets distorted (or crunchy)." , please hold the "edit store" button instead of just clicking. Just clicking will cancel the factory reset. - Marshall Amplification 02 Nov 2022 at 01:03 PM
Sorry guys I did not just click the Edit/Store button, that was just my bad description of what I tried, I did try holding it until it completed. However, since trying it again I a second time I now have my clean sounds back, so thanks for all your good help - Michael Lawson 02 Nov 2022 at 01:15 PM
Thank you for letting us know that your issue has been resolved.

All the best!
- Marshall Amplification 02 Nov 2022 at 01:17 PM
Loading - please wait...