Code 100C with multifx-board

vote

One thing up front: I love my Code 100C (have two of them), it gives me all tonal possibilities I need, and it never let me down, even not with any bluetooth-issues.

What I really miss is an xlr-out to the mixer or any other possibility "direct-out" other than micing the amp (the headphone/line-out is no option since the amp is quiet then). This lack became annoying, so I decided to get an external multi-fx-board.

Deciding between Helix, Boss and others in the mid-price-range (a Kemper is way beyond what I need) I finally decided for the Valeton GP-200, having read only positive reviews - and the price of 350 € is unbeatable for what it offers. Sound- and effects-quality is great (for my purposesat at least), and going in the return-jack of my 100C spares the 100C-modulation-section to give me the pure sound of the GP-200. And it sounds great with the 100C, no need to change speakers.

Sorry to say: I wouldn't have changed my setup if the 100C had a direct-out, and I'll keep both of my 100Cs, but for the future the combination of the 100C and the GP-200 is my go-to-equipment - although I really like(d) the modelling of the amp (that said again!).

asked 30 Nov 2022 at 03:48 PM

Mark Lüttger (32)
Yes, Mark, you are right,,,
I've got similar problem with my Code 25 - clean sounds level is about -24dB on USB recording output, so currently I use the chain: multi-fx -> modelling unit -> external USB interface -> Code 25 with ALL sections turned off.
- Jacek Klimkiewicz 01 Dec 2022 at 11:42 AM
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...