No Bluetooth Connection

votes

I bought this Amp because i play different Marshall Amps for over 20 Years now.

The sound is great, but there is always an issue trying to connect my phone with the amp via Bluetooth.

The Amp is in pairing mode, an I tried different Android phones (old ones and the newest), even my
band mates tried a connection. The Amp never disappears on any phone we tried.
Even my Laptop does not even find the Amp.

I tried the firmware update to 1.41, also rebooting, all the things mentioned here in the forum
and in the troubleshooting sections. Nothing works.

I am disappointed, this is not what Marshall stands for!

asked 25 Nov 2017 at 09:25 PM

Roman Kuhn
Hi Roman,

Can you confirm which devices you have been trying to connect.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 27 Nov 2017 at 02:05 PM
Answers: 6

votes

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S8, Lenovo Ideapad, iPad, iPod Touch, Bluetooth USB Sticks. Nothing works.

Which Bluetooth Version does the amp use? Would be interesting to know, to figure out wich devices are compatible.

When i set the amp in pairing mode, does the flashing of the blue light only mean that the amp is in pairing mode, or does it get
feedback from the bluetooth module that it is active?

edited 28 Nov 2017 at 07:28 AM

Roman Kuhn

answered 27 Nov 2017 at 09:06 PM

Roman Kuhn
Hi Roman,

Thank you for the quick reply, we have tested and have users using Samsung Galaxys and IPads. When the blue light flashes it is in paring mode, when its a solid light that means its paired.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 28 Nov 2017 at 09:56 AM

votes

Thank you for your answer, but that takes me not further with my problem...

answered 28 Nov 2017 at 01:30 PM

Roman Kuhn

votes

I had to remove any bluetooth devices already paired in my phone. Then when I paired the CODE my phone recognized it.

answered 28 Nov 2017 at 01:38 PM

Jim Boundy

votes

I just tried that, but it cant be recognized. No pairing at all.

I cant understand why every cheap car-handsfree-bluetooth-crap works with almost every phone, but the code amps make so many problems!

Hopefully there will be a firmware update in the future to fix the bluetooth issues. When i read other threads on here regarding bluetooth problems, there is nowhere a real solution for this. Is this the modern way of customer service???

answered 29 Nov 2017 at 05:51 PM

Roman Kuhn
Hi Roman,

Sorry you still seem to be having issue with connection, have you tried contacting your local store to test the amps Bluetooth and your devices.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 30 Nov 2017 at 09:04 AM

votes

Marshall Support,

Your respone is unacceptable!  You know damn well that most bought this amp online! I hope others agree with me here that the customer Support for this amp is HORRIBLE, if not worse, nothing compared to the REAL Marshall reputation!

We all have the same trouble with Bluetooth.  When one ends their session, turns the amp off and shuts down the app, it is impossible to reconnect again without having to delete in your device’s Bluetooth connection to the amp, then going back to the amp to Pair again.

The problem is YOUR programming and design.  This amp is great sounding when standing alone, working the controls on the amp itself, but try using a mobile device or tablet, and it’s failure as an amp is evident!  This could be simply remedied with the design of a new application and updated, new programming of the amp.  Instead, you continue to reply the same thing over and over again!

i ask every Code 25 owner here, am I wrong?!?

edited 30 Nov 2017 at 06:34 PM

Tommy Naccarato (17)

answered 30 Nov 2017 at 06:32 PM

Tommy Naccarato (17)
I agree totally to Tommy. I bought the amp online too, so it is not possible to go to my "local shop" to get the bluetooth checked.
So i would end up sending it back 800 kilometres, so they will pack the amp and send it to a repair shop. How much time does it take?
I guess at least 3-4 weeks. For a BRAND NEW Amp.
When I read the forum posts here, how possible is it to get a repaired amp, which has no bluetooth functionality too?

Copy and paste answers, and always linking to a FAQ with "Troubleshooting" guides is the worst customer service.

I work as a product designer, and everything that leaves our factory has to be 100%. If not, we find a solution. If not by email,
I get into the car (or plane), and fix the error. Thats customer service, and thats why our company is succesful for 39 years now.

Stop acting like a crap company, wich sells crap over the internet. Act like MARSHALL as we know it. Reliable and professionally.
We are your customers, we paid money for what the advertisements, Youtube videos and Fairs (like NAMM, Musikmesse, tbc...)
promised us.
Start testing, start debugging, start from scratch in the amp firmware, whatever... but stop acting like you did here in the forum.
- Roman Kuhn 30 Nov 2017 at 07:11 PM
I have no BT issues since update v1.3 for CODE 25 - Denis Moysienko 01 Dec 2017 at 01:45 AM
Hello Roman,
We are sorry if you feel that you as a customer you are not being listened to, we were not aware of how far you are away you are from your local dealer, if we were aware you had purchased over the internet we would not have made this suggestion.
In house we have carried out a number of tests on a range of Android and IOS devices and have been able to connect via the Bluetooth, please can you confirm if you have been able to pair any device with your Code unit, and if so at what stage of the process are you loosing connection?
With this information we will do our best to replicate the same process.

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- JOANNA GREEN 01 Dec 2017 at 10:55 AM
As I wrote several times, i am completely NOT able to even pair my device with the amp.
My device is a Galaxy Note 3 made by Samsung.
I do not have an understanding to send my brand new amp back to get it repaired.
I sold my old amp to buy the Code Amp, i play in two bands. Rehearsal, gigs, touring. I need it everyday.
- Roman Kuhn 01 Dec 2017 at 07:03 PM
Hello Roman,
We have successfully tested a Galaxy Note 3 with the CODE, it can take a few minutes to pair once switched back on, we are also currently working on an update for the Bluetooth.
- JOANNA GREEN 04 Dec 2017 at 09:39 AM
That would be cool. The Note 3 seems to have a quite short time window for the scanning for new bluetooth devices.
I just tried to pair my phone to my home stereo, it works. In my car (built in bluetooth system) everything works fine.
Only the amp is not found.
- Roman Kuhn 04 Dec 2017 at 05:08 PM

votes

I went to a repair shop with my amp, to check if everything is okay with the electronics regarding the bluetooth problems.

They took off the back cover, and what did they find? A loose cable with a connector, hanging freely inside the amp.
The other side of the connection was easy to find: The bluetooth module!

They plugged it back in - Bluetooth works! Seemed to be the power connection of the BT Module.

I read about this problem in the forum, so this problem occured at least 2 times now.

I went 120km by car for a loose connector. For a "repair" that isnt really one. Quite expensive for me.

Please talk to the quality control in the factory to do a better job!!

answered 13 Dec 2017 at 06:20 AM

Roman Kuhn
Hello Roman,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we take our quality control very seriously and have measures in place to make sure all our amplifiers leave the factory working to specification, but unfortunately problems can occur and see we incidents like yours. We can only apologise and this issue will be raised to our quality department so extra measures can be put in place.
Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- JOANNA GREEN 15 Dec 2017 at 10:24 AM
I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this forced connect the headphone. ? - Dimpy Clara 10 Oct 2023 at 11:02 AM
Loading - please wait...