Will my CODE50 connect to my computer if I use a USB C instead of the USB A it comes with ?

votes

I've recently bought a new computer that only has USB C ports on it, and the CODE50 comes with the USB mini b to USB A cable, and I previously used this to record the amp sounds directly into Ableton and it would work just fine. To overcome this issue of not having the right USB I first used an adapter, but this revealed a new issue, that being a lot of latency and some fizzly sounds, leading me to believe the connectivity through the adapter was faulty. I bought a USB mini b to USB C cable to try to fix this issue, but it persits, and now when I try and connect my amp to my computer for anything, such as to see if there are updates or to try presets from the library, it seems that no connection is recognised at all. I was wondering if there were any drivers to install to help fix this issue, or if it was something else.

asked 17 Feb 2023 at 09:27 PM

Liam Riedmuller
Answers: 1

vote

Hi Liam,

You may need to update the drivers on the PC, or you can try the link below to see if this helps

https://my.marshall.com/support/faq/839/browser-midi-troubleshooting

Regards 

Marshall Support

answered 01 Mar 2023 at 09:14 AM

Hello,

I tried the link below and now I can connect my amp to my computer again and update it, thank you. However there is still a lot of latency when connected to a DAW, and I am not sure which drivers I am supposed to update, or how to do so.

Thank you for your assistance
- Liam Riedmuller 03 Mar 2023 at 05:55 PM
Hi Liam

This would be one for your computer company we can only supply support for our own product, this seems an issue with the computer or the port.

Regards
Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 07 Mar 2023 at 03:21 PM
Loading - please wait...