Code 25 Marshall no sound

votes

I was playing guitar and tried changing the volume on my amp and once I did the sound completely went out. I can't even play sound connected via Bluetooth on my phone. I don't hear sound either when I connect headphones to my amp. In addition to this, I connected my amp to my laptop and recorded some sound to try and figure out the problem, and GarageBand picked up what I was playing. This problem has happened to me in the past but after I wait for a little the sound seems to come back, but this time I've waited over a week and my amp still isn't working.  Any tips? 

edited 22 Feb 2023 at 11:05 PM

Preston Lee

asked 22 Feb 2023 at 10:31 PM

Preston Lee
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Preston.

Once you've mentioned you can hear the amp through Garageband, It could be a problem with the master volume potentiometer, did you notice it scratchs sometimes? Try sliding it side to side (from 0 to 10 to 0) several times before turning the amp on (keep the volume low, please). Many have had the same problem with these components. Sometimes it could just be dirt, but most of the time it's an issue with the component itself.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

answered 24 Feb 2023 at 06:46 PM

Gustavo França (4)
OMG, it worked!! Thank you so much! - Preston Lee 25 Feb 2023 at 04:14 AM
Loading - please wait...