Bluetooth

vote

I made this comment in response to another query and thought it would useful as part of the general forum...

Been following the comments about Bluetooth for a couple of weeks since I have been having the same problem. What I discovered is that the problem is not the amp but my phone. For all intents and purposes, the amp is just a dumb device that happens to have a Bluetooth connectivity board or circuit built into it. The primary connection device is the users phone, tablet, whatever that has the Bluetooth application. Anyone using a Bluetooth speaker should know and understand that the speaker has no application, just an ON/OFF switch and a Bluetooth circuit. It's the phone that makes the connection. So in my case, it was the phone that dropped or lost the connection to the amp. There was no way I could reconnect, even after shutting everything down and rebooting. Going through the Gateway app on my phone wouldn't work and the blue light on the amp would blink continually.

What I then tried was turning off my Bluetooth on the phone, reactivating, and getting the app to pair up again to the amp. Problem solved.

It's possible that all the wi-fi items I have in the house and garage are confusing the phone and Bluetooth but I haven't troubleshooted that as yet. I have found a simple work-around that, I agree, is less than ideal but gets me using the amp the way I want. I don't disagree with what users are saying but I also think that not every fault lies with the supplier. Perhaps a reasonable challenge to us users would be... if any musician is a programmer or electrical engineer then offer some assistance. I have yet to find any innovator who can design for every nuance we currently experience in this tech world. Also if anyone has another, better work-around then please submit to this forum.
Regards,

asked 01 Dec 2017 at 11:15 PM

Dave Duncan (57)
Dave, I will try this, but not tonight, as my music time is over/done for the day.

If that is the solution, it really isn’t a solution, but more of a glitch. That’s not the way Bluetooth is supposed to work.

I’m going to assume that Code 25 is using Bluetooth Basic Rate/Enhanced Data Rate (BR/EDR). This is because of the playing of music stored on your device through the app. It’s supposed to reconnect itself to the last connected devices whenever the two sources are powered on.

My phone’s Bluetooth works fine on ALL the devices except one: Code 25. This is a Marshall issue. They need to fix it. This is a software programming and App issue.
- Tommy Naccarato 02 Dec 2017 at 01:30 AM
As Tommy said the problem rely on the app, I've got no sort of issues with BT and the Code. My problem is the 'no connected' message in the app when it tries to link with the listed amp (but I can play music !!!). - Massimo Romagnani 04 Dec 2017 at 12:32 PM
Hello Massimo,
If it is saying no connected then your device is not connecting with your Code, but you said you are not having any problems with the BT, can you please clarify what problem you are having, then we can look into it for you.
- JOANNA GREEN 05 Dec 2017 at 10:29 AM
Answers: 1

votes

Massimo, Exactly!  

I truly do do hope Marshall is working on the App and Bluetooth issues.  This will be a fun amp if they get it working.  It’ll be perfect for my needs.

answered 04 Dec 2017 at 04:19 PM

Tommy Naccarato (17)
Loading - please wait...