I timed it.
I’m not looking for trouble, im just looking for customer service. I’ve got far better use for my time then sitting on this forum, trolling for answers that will never come—unless YOU, Marshall Amplification changes, which is highly unlikely. You guys are going to be getting a very brutally cold visit from me at the NAMM show!
After going through the entire Blootooth connection process again, which takes like anywhere from 5-10 minutes to get connected, I went to the MyMarshall.com website to download some of the interesting amp models which other users have taken their time to create (thank you to all who have fond this!) When I download, it goes to my actual login like it’s supposed to, but how do I get it from the mobile device to the amp? Your video isn’t clear, but do I have to have my device connected to the USB of the amp? If so, when is the frigging purpose of having Bluetooth then? If not, what am I doing wrong?
I await for your robotic response. I’m sure I’ll still be right where I’m at after it comes!
Here is the process I used to accomplish what you have outlined. Make sure the phone or tablet, whatever is being used as the Bluetooth source app, is connected to your PC via USB. As a side note, you can use a USB cable connecting the CODE to the PC in order to hear what any preset will sound like before you download or add to your Library. Remove any USB cable from the amp before starting this procedure. I'm not 100% sure it will cause a problem during the configuration but some equipment will expect certain operations if you leave cables connected. Best remove to make sure.
1. Connect your device to the PC, log on to the web site, activate My Gateway through the web site, log on to MyMarshall through your device. Also make sure amp is on and Bluetooth connectivity is established.
2. Add / download any new preset to your Library then move those new presets into the main Library. Any preset position you overwrite will cause the previous preset to move into your Library.
3. Click SAVE. Go to your device, open MENU, select MY MARSHALL, select SYNC NOW to ensure that the Library list goes to your device. The SYNC does an automatic update but pressing SYNC NOW will at least allow you confirm the action. Close MENU.
4. On your device, tap the icon on the lower left of the screen to change the Library to PHONE mode. I think colour should now be blue, not gold / yellow.
5. Use a swipe to scroll through each new preset. What should happen is that each preset name will appear on the amp display. The EXIT/STORE indicator should also blink. This is because you are, in essence, making an edit to an existing preset. Press and hold the EXIT/STORE button until the display says Saved. Repeat this for each new preset until you have gone through your list. You could also try using the Library and tap each setting but I found it not as reliable as a swipe across the top of the home screen.
6. All preset listings should now match... amp, device and MyMarshall Gateway.
Hope this helps. I may have made an oversight or two as I did this from memory.
Dave, Much thanks in typing all of this out! Marshall should be looking into hiring you!
will this process work for Mac High Sierra? You would think Marshall would let us know this!
From the Marshall Gateway app you can also choose to save an edited preset to the library or directly to your amp presets or both.