How to Get Code 100 with 50Hz to Work in the US (60 Hz)

votes

Hi all,

I bought my Code 100 in Australia, where the voltage is 220 V and the amp only works with 50Hz as indicated on the back of it (unlike many other products that work with both 50/60 Hz).

Now that I have moved to the US, I am not able to use it anymore! I purchased a 110 v to 220 v step up transformer, which is fine, but cannot change the frequency from US's 60Hz to 50Hz to safely turn on the amp!

Frequency converters are like $1000 or so, so definitely don't worth it!

Is it possible to request Marshall's company itself to change the power board or something to make it work normally in the US without transformers, converters, etc.?

Would it be safe to just use the step up tarnsformer and ignore the frequency (Hz) difference?

Really appreciate any suggestions or guidance,

Thank you in advance!

asked 15 Apr 2023 at 06:28 PM

Amir Ehsan
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Amir,

The CODE100 will work at both 50Hz & 60Hz, so a standard ‘step up’ transformer running at 60Hz will be absolutely fine.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 17 Apr 2023 at 09:20 AM

Hi and thank you very much the amazing Marshall support team.

Just to confirm, my Code 100 is the guitar combo amp, and not the amp head, and on its back for the Mains Input it's written 230v ~ 50HZ (not 50/60 Hz), as per the attached image. Just wanted to be 100% sure that it is ok to only use the step up transformer and there would not be any issues with the US's 60 Hz

Thank you again.

Regards,

Amir
- Amir Ehsan 17 Apr 2023 at 07:16 PM

votes

Hi and thank you very much the amazing Marshall support team.

Just to confirm, my Code 100 is the guitar combo amp, and not the amp head, and on its back for the Mains Input it's written 230v ~ 50HZ (not 50/60 Hz), as per the attached image. Just wanted to be 100% sure that it is ok to only use the step up transformer and there would not be any issues with the US's 60 Hz

Thank you again.

Regards,

Amir 

answered 17 Apr 2023 at 07:15 PM

Amir Ehsan
The Hertz does not matter so the 60hz will be fine.

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- Marshall Amplification 21 Apr 2023 at 06:48 AM
Loading - please wait...