Cannot update the firmware

votes

Hi everyone, 

I bought the new DSP module and plugged it into my Code 25. Everything seemed to be fine,

However, when I turned it on the code went into bootloader mode and said "chk usb". I inserted a cable and my PC saw it saying "connected". Still neither the marshall site not the PC application provide with possibility to update. The site shows no information and the PC app says that the last firmware version is installed and cannot reinstall it. When press reinstall button nothing happens.

I tried Mac, MS Edge and other browsers, nothing works

Any ideas?  

asked 18 Apr 2023 at 06:42 PM

Vitalii Vitalii
Answers: 2

votes

Hello Vitalii,

Please go to the FAQ section and click on Browsers where you will find information on which browsers are supporting the firmware update, if you are still having issues after this, then please let us know.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 20 Apr 2023 at 02:09 PM

votes

Dear Marshall team, 

I read the FAQ and tried everything I have - Opera, Chrome, Vivaldi, Edge, some browser on my son's Mac (don't know exact name), the Windows update software from your site (which is unavailable at the moment). Nothing works. The Code is connected but the software can't be installed for some reason.

Today I have communicated with authorized cervice center in Kyiv, Ukraine and the serviceman described me the same situation - some time ago they got a new DSP "clean" module from Marshall and could not do anything with it because of impossibility to install any software. They requested an advice from Marshall without getting an answer. So, I can't even send it to the service center.

For my understanding, it seems like the Code requires some service access to it or special equipment to be used for installation. 

answered 21 Apr 2023 at 09:57 AM

Vitalii Vitalii
Hello Vitalii,
There is no special access or equipment needed to update the firmware, i will contact the service centre directly as they are describing a separate issue.
Please make sure your midi browsers are up to date and you only have one browser open at a time, also make sure you are allowing access from the browser to connect to the Code, and lastly that your USB is a midi USB not just a charging cable.

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- Marshall Amplification 21 Apr 2023 at 10:22 AM
The problem appears only with the new DSP module - the old one is accessible and can be easily updated in the same enviroment without any trouble connected to browsers or cables (I used several USB cables). So, it seems that the probem is really connected to the new module - Vitalii Vitalii 21 Apr 2023 at 11:54 AM
To be clear have you purchased a new DSP board and are replacing the board yourself? if this is the case the new DSP board needs to reset via a service centre before the firmware can be updated.
The service centres have access to carry this out for you and only needs to take place when the board is being replaced.
If you can please send me the details i.e. email address of the service centre you have been in contact with i can make sure they have the access to carry this out for you, you will then be able to update the firmware.

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- Marshall Amplification 21 Apr 2023 at 12:04 PM
Yes, you got it right, I was trying to replace it by myself. And after my failing to update the software I contacted the cervice center and they answered me that they got the same problem as me someday in the past with another code amp.

That is why I asked you whether it is needed to have some special access or equipment for replacing the module.

Here is the e-mail of the service center I communicated with servicegroup@attrade.kiev.ua

Btw, can I do the DSP reset by myself or this procedure requires some special equipment?
- Vitalii Vitalii 21 Apr 2023 at 12:25 PM
Thank you, i will contact the service centre, you will not be able to reset DSP, but once it has been carried out you can then update the firmware. - Marshall Amplification 21 Apr 2023 at 12:28 PM
Dear Marshall team,
Have you contacted the service centre?
- Vitalii Vitalii 27 Apr 2023 at 07:31 AM
I have contacted the service centre and I'm awaiting their response.

Kind Regards
Marshall Support.
- Marshall Amplification 27 Apr 2023 at 07:33 AM
Well, the service center managed to replace the DSP module with a new one and update the firmware on the new module. What is more, they have replaced the board where the display is installed. In other words, they updated the combo completely.
Still, the problem remains - it still cuts off. However the headphones continue working.

Interestingly, I have requested the Marshal Support (by e-mailing to servicedesk@marshall.com and contactus@marshall.com) asking them whether replacing the DSP module would resolve the problem like the service center in Ukraine had told me. I received no answer to my request and did as I was suggested by the service center in Ukraine.
So, by now I have spent some extra money and still have the defective device
- Vitalii Vitalii 08 Aug 2023 at 04:26 PM
Loading - please wait...