Code 25: Your Amp is a POS

votes

I’ve had a pretty trying week with all of the fires going on here in SoCal.  I haven’t played guitar all week because of it.

About 40 minutes ago, I sat down to play, turned on the amp. Plugged in my guitar.

NOT A FUCKING SOUND

IM FINISHED!

This amp is a piece if shit that you should be ashamed as a company for even releasing to the public.  You should be ashamed of yourselves as a company.

The amp will be returned to my online retailer.  I will never feel the same about a Marshall ever again.

asked 10 Dec 2017 at 02:15 AM

Tommy Naccarato (17)
Safe to assume all connections were checked, power cable not loose, guitar settings set to 10... you know, the usual things to confirm, right? The amp does come with a warranty. Just replace it. - Dave Duncan 10 Dec 2017 at 06:48 AM
Dave, I followed al, your direction from your similar post. Nothing, no sound at all. I’ve tried three different guitars three different cables. Nothing. Called and got a return authorization and they’ll give me full credit. I’m bummed about this though! I really wanted this amp to work and was getting comfortable not using Bluetooth and the app. It’s left me very frustrated!

Do I order a replacement?
Do I scuttle that and go with a Line 6 or Orange?
- Tommy Naccarato 10 Dec 2017 at 07:00 AM
So get another one. Even though the firmware may need updating at some point once Marshall gets the bugs out, it's still a good amplifier. Let's be fair... it's a pretty sophisticated piece of gear considering the pricing and all it can do. I have a CODE 25 and it works fine and does exactly what it is supposed to do. Plus the Bluetooth does its thing once a make the connection. A couple of minutes at most and I'm away. Marshall has a world wide reputation and it is solid. I'm quite sure they are as frustrated as the users. If you hate it then return for credit. It may be you just have a bad unit. It happens. Get another one and give it a go. If it's still not what you want get something else. My suggestion would be get a unit from an actual store. Then you can deal with a human, not a robot. I have Fender, Peavey, VOX and now Marshall. They all do their thing well and all have their quirks. If you have ever had a full tube amp then you know they can be just as finicky. If not, then believe me when I say that tubes are great until they blow on stage or in a studio and no replacements are available. You've probably got enough to think about with all the turmoil going on there right now. Pretty scary news coverage I must say. Helps to keep things in perspective. I understand how you must feel but it's only an amp. Just try a new unit and go from there. - Dave Duncan 10 Dec 2017 at 07:23 AM
Answers: 1

votes

Dave, I'm going to take your direction here, and thanks for the advice.  I'll get this one sent back and the new one ordered on Monday.  Much thanks!

answered 10 Dec 2017 at 08:42 AM

Tommy Naccarato (17)
Hello Tommy,
Its great to hear that you are giving the Code another go, hopefully with the new Code you have no further issues.
- JOANNA GREEN 11 Dec 2017 at 09:45 AM
Loading - please wait...