Code 100h FX Loop

votes

Hi, I got my Code 100h today and I want to use my FX board (Line 6 Firehawk FX) with the FX loop of the code. I used the 4-cable method and triple checked that the wiring and routing is correct... 

Guitar to the input of the firehawk.  FX send of the firehawk to the guitar input of the Code. FX send of the Code to firehawk FX return. Line output of the firehawk to the Code‘s FX return. Placed the FX loop in the firehawk routing.

However, the Code‘s FX loop doesn‘t seem to work. No FX from the firehawk. I cant find a mix option or FX loop activation within the Code. 

Any ideas?

Best,

Arne.

asked 13 Dec 2017 at 09:45 PM

Arne Buxbom (1)
Easy test: Guitar to pedal board input, pedal board output to Code FX return - nothing... - Arne Buxbom 13 Dec 2017 at 10:29 PM
Answers: 2

vote

Hi Arne 

All of the connections you are using seem to be correct. You may need to check the input and output levels on the Firehawk as there should be some internal adjustments. One thing to note is that the FX loop on the Code is ‘post’ the master volume. This means the overall level of the amp effects the amount of signal going out of the loop. You may need to run the amp louder to get enough signal into the Firehawk and then use the Firehawk’s output level to adjust the overall volume. 

I hope this helps. 

Marshall Support

answered 14 Dec 2017 at 03:49 PM

So do you mean that the louder the master volume, the more signal is pushed out of the send? - Ian Watts 02 Jul 2018 at 06:58 AM

vote

Hi,

thanks very much. Update... During my tests yesterday, I didn‘t connect the cabinet and just used the line out. That doesn‘t seem to work. I connected the speaker today and everything worked like it should...

Best,

Arne.

answered 14 Dec 2017 at 07:10 PM

Arne Buxbom (1)
Same problem for me :'(. Need Master for loop... - Thierry Tant 12 Jan 2018 at 11:14 PM
Loading - please wait...