Blootooth Issue with CODE25 - Part 2

votes

Hello Marshall Team,

i figured out following:

If code25 is in pairing mode (pressing REV/POWER),  you can see that code25 sends a device name ( something like "CODE V02004FA6E") within BT message to phone and phone asks for pairing, all works ok.

after switching power off and on again on code25, code25 sends again BT message but without device name, I guess the phone can't compare the device and thats why the paired connection can't be re-established from phone.

I checked this with BluetoothView v1.66 from NirSoft with win10.

best regards,

Peter

asked 14 Dec 2017 at 07:52 PM

Peter B (2)
It works best to choose “FORGET DEVICE” when done playing then start the pairing process again next time you use it. - Bill Wirth 15 Jan 2018 at 03:44 AM
Answers: 2

votes

Is there a way to provide findings to Marshall Software Team?

Any Ideas?

Best Regards,

Peter

answered 15 Dec 2017 at 06:25 AM

Peter B (2)

votes

Not sure if you have checked through the entire Forum but the Bluetooth situation is a common problem across the whole series of CODE amplifiers. Based on my troubleshooting and reading other comments, the problem seems to be with the firmware update. Marshall is well aware of this issue and my understanding is that their development/programming teams are working to correct the issue and release an updated firmware patch. The timing of which has not been determined.

The app on the phone works as intended, at least on Android as I am not an Apple user, and does exactly what it is supposed to do as long as the connection to the amp stays on. The problem is, as you note, the loss of the Bluetooth connection when the amp is switched off. What I can tell you is that I am able to re-establish connectivity and functionality in a matter of a couple of minutes. Sure it would great if I didn't have to but it is not interferring with my use of the equipment.

That's all I got for now. There are numerous work-arounds in the Forum that are similar to yours and I have not seen updates to any posting as yet.

As users, we will need to be patient with Marshall and give them a chance to fix the error.

answered 16 Dec 2017 at 03:43 AM

Dave Duncan (57)
The question i asked in a previous post was how long has this been an issue now if this is a result of a firmware update and with all due respect to Marshall why was the firmware update released in the first place. people are buying Code amps and finding there is a major issue with bluetooth pairing and finding the offical bluetooth troubleshooting guidelines do not work, understandably people are getting frustrated there should be an offical statement that they are working on a firmware update to fix the issues along with the workarounds that do work NOT GOOD ENOUGH! - Barry Britten 16 Dec 2017 at 05:04 AM
So return it and get something more to your liking. It's apparent that the only reason this was purchased was for Bluetooth. The good pricing, tone flexibility, preset options and other elements of the amplifier are not worthy, or so it seems. - Dave Duncan 16 Dec 2017 at 11:11 AM
Ha ha as a long time owner of numerous Marshall amps, I purchased a Code amp for convenance as a practice jam amp, and yes being able to control and edit presets, play tracks via bluetooth was a major attraction, Soft tube have done a good job with amp sims and effects. I do not think it is to much to ask that Marshall be held accountable, this issue has been around a while so it seems. - Barry Britten 16 Dec 2017 at 09:52 PM
I concur, which is why I recently posted (1) a request to Marshall to see if the factory firmware could be issued as a fix until they get the other firmware corrected and (2) why I inquired as to where the firmware was written. If it was written off shore, that is outside of England, maybe there is a language problem. Haven't heard back yet. Just going through the forum and reading so many negative comments about one aspect of the amp just starting pissing me off. The equipment is very good for what it is. Should all these other 'experts and geniuses' be so smart then let them fly to England and solve the problem. It's similar to seeing someone press an elevator button that is already lit because he/she does not believe the person standing there pressed it. It's somewhat self-serving, IMO. Like I said, patience is indeed a virtue in this case. - Dave Duncan 16 Dec 2017 at 10:51 PM
I have been dealing with this very same issue on my iPad / Code 50 for two days now. I want to play not pay with the technology. I have only had the amp for two days, so I called GC and they will take it back. Sorry Marshall, I just dont have time to screw with this. - Rodney Tod 20 Dec 2017 at 06:30 AM
Loading - please wait...