latest firmware update to 1.4

votes

I updated to the latest firmware on my Code 50 which states it updates to new presets 00 thru 12 but even after running the update I still have the same name on said presets. Ive seen on the new 100 watt Codes that the presets have been updated and some new names for the presets which I really like. I was hoping this latest update would be the same on the 50 as the 100. Even though the names didnt change I can hear some differences in the latest presets.

Is this latest firmware update suppose to mimic the 100 watt amps ? Or is that not possible yet ?

asked 17 Dec 2017 at 03:03 AM

steve strano (1)
Hi Steve,

You will need to do a factory reset on the amp, you can do this by holding AMP and switching the Code on and the holding Store/Exit to confirm.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 18 Dec 2017 at 09:05 AM
Answers: 1

votes

Firmware update don't overwrite existing presets, they will be overwritten after factory reset

answered 17 Dec 2017 at 04:24 AM

Denis Moysienko (85)
Hi just updated my firmware to V1.41 and kept my presets can I just confirm if I do a factory reset I will loose my own edited presets and the first 0-13 on my amp will be replaced ( loosing the EL34. / plexi etc - Martin Blyth 07 Jan 2018 at 12:40 PM
Hi Martin,

That is correct you will lose them, if you connect to the Gateway app you can save them there as a backup and put them back on after the reset.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 08 Jan 2018 at 11:17 AM
Hi,
Do I need to run a factory reset for the full update to be installed or is it just for the new presets.
Regards..
- Martin Blyth 08 Jan 2018 at 04:23 PM
Hi Martin,

It is just for the new pre sets
- JOANNA GREEN 08 Jan 2018 at 04:40 PM
Loading - please wait...