I've got a problem with my DSL 15C

votes

My DSL started to misbehave after about six months since I bought it. When I turn it on, the tubes don't light up so the amp itself does not produce a single sound. Now, I have tried to send it back to the store where I bought the amp but the damn thing magically started to work there in fornt of the repairer so he said that he could not find what's wrong with it. The problem occured a few more times so I contacted one of the local electricians and he did the job and the amp finally worked. After approximately two months the same problem occured so I asked the same guy who fixed it earlier to fix it again, and again it worked. Now after a month or so, it has happened again. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I need some advice. Thank you :)

asked 25 Dec 2017 at 01:45 PM

Ognjen Ercegović
Three things come to mind that might help... (1) Ask the electrician what was corrected / checked to get the unit working, (2) Check / replace the fuse if it's a standard type fuse or check the fuse circuit if it's an electronic fuse., (3) Check the Diode / Triode switch. Some fuses / fuse circuits are more sensitive to heat / circuit overload than others and simply trip, then reset themselves once the circuit has cooled down. I don't believe this amp has an external fuse reset button so maybe not the right approach to the solution. The only other thing I can think of is a cold solder connection somewhere that has become an intermittent problem. I would just the electrican... - Dave Duncan 30 Dec 2017 at 10:55 PM
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Ognjen,

Thank you for your message, can I ask what work was carried out on the repair, it could be that the Valves need replacing,  we would recommend you contact the store you purchased the amp from as the warranty is with them.

Marshall Support

answered 03 Jan 2018 at 09:45 AM

Loading - please wait...