code 50 with senheiser 120ii wireless headphones doesn't work

vote

Has anyone tried using the code 50 with wireless headphones?

I have a pair of seinheiser 120ii, and I just get this weird "feedback" sound when I plug them in.

The headphones work fine on all my other devices, but not with this amp.

I tried 2 other sets of wired headphones, and they seem to work fine with the amp.

Is this a known problem, and is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Gerbrand

asked 27 Dec 2017 at 12:54 PM

Gerbrand Nel (7)
Answers: 2

votes

Can I use wireless headphones for performance applications or music practice?

Our wireless headphones are designed for home A/V use (like TV watching, music listening, etc) not music performance and hence we do not recommend out wireless headphones for music performance applications. The reason for this is that all wireless devices have some form of latency (ie: the time it takes for audio to be transmitted wirelessly). The latency of wireless headphones is fine for home A/V use but the latency is too great for performance use.

You would want something like EW 300 IEM G3 to go wireless with low latency, low noise and an acceptable input-dynamic range for performance applications.

Found this on the Sennheiser web site for the model you mention. This is likely the problem as Sennheiser states these headphones are not designed for music.

You could always follow up with Sennheiser as this appears to not really be a Marshall problem. Not the answer you wanted me thinks...

answered 30 Dec 2017 at 12:57 AM

Dave Duncan (57)

votes

ok that's something to consider.

I just thought sound out of a mini jack is just sound out of a mini jack.. shows you what I know :)

Thanks for pointing it out

answered 04 Jan 2018 at 04:14 AM

Gerbrand Nel (7)
If you find out something to the contrary, or other information that could be useful to others, post it to the forum for reference. This issue will certainly be of value to other users, and Marshall.
Cheers!
- Dave Duncan 04 Jan 2018 at 05:10 AM
Loading - please wait...