Bluetooth and iPad Issues!

votes

My CODE 50 will pair with my iPad, after some difficulty.

However, all it does is let me hear my email notifications through the CODE! It will NOT pair with Gateway ever!

This is a big deal because access to the amps controls is impossible without a remote connection. I'm sorry, but the control layout is a POS if you must rely on the amp interface. Who sits on their amp when practicing or gigging? The top position was a TERRIBLE IDEA! Fire the idiot(s) who came up with that disaster! The Bluetooth MUST WORK AND BE RELIABLE in order to make this amp useful!

I have followed your tutorials and cannot waste 30+ minutes monkeying around with this junk every time I attempt to use it! I have even deleted and re-installed Gateway with it paired with the ipad with no change.

Look, I don't care if you have Jimmy Page locked up inside this thing, if you cannot offer a solution for the Bluetooth issues, it's going in the bin!

asked 27 Dec 2017 at 07:26 PM

Scott Owen (3)
Answers: 3

vote

One thing to check once you have paired with your device is to go to Menu and confirm the amp is listed then tap the address to see if it connects. Also check to see if Autoconnect is checked. I have a Code 25 and an Android device. I am not having any trouble making a connection.

I'm wondering if you have considered using a chair....

answered 29 Dec 2017 at 08:41 AM

Dave Duncan (57)

vote

Personally, I have a real problem with this thread.

First, Marshall's response is necessary only because they have to placate the commenter and take the position of 'Yessir, you are right and we are idiots and we should have conducted countless surveys and opinion polls so we don't offend anyone and create a product that may cause you inconvenience and blah, blah, blah...' . Marshall cannot say what is an apparent truth and that truth is that this commenter is a jerk! Top panel controls have been around for decades... VOX AC15, VOX AC30, Fender Mustang series, Blackstar Artist series, Supro to name a few. Is this commenter sending letters and posting comments about these units being shit as well!!?? Oh yeah, and I checked out his web site for his band. Didn't see any snaps of him sitting on an amp during his gigs. Just sayin...

Second, we all know that there have been issues with the Bluetooth where some are having problems. I agree that the Bluetooth is a big feature of the CODE series and offers a wonderful user interface that is very flexible when everything works correctly. But it certainly does not detract from the essential operation and performance of the amp itself. If the only reason to buy this amp is Bluetooth then maybe a visit to the local music store is required to test out the amp with an iPad, iPhone, Samsung, whatever you have, to make sure it operates correctly. How many of these users buy a car without a test drive?

I submit that Marshall does need to correct the Bluetooth issues. As far as top panel controls....? Meh!

edited 04 Jan 2018 at 07:24 PM

Dave Duncan (57)

answered 04 Jan 2018 at 04:47 PM

Dave Duncan (57)
I like em on top. It's a little amp! If it's as tall as me, maybe the front is a good idea. - bluedot studios 22 Mar 2018 at 06:07 AM

votes

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your message, and we are sorry you are having problems with your connection with Gateway, our team are working on a Bluetooth firmware update to help those who are having issues.

Thank you also for your feedback on the layout of the amp controls, we will pass this to team for future development of amps.

Marshall Support

edited 04 Jan 2018 at 04:53 PM

answered 04 Jan 2018 at 10:02 AM

Loading - please wait...