GALAXY S3 PHONE AND GATEWAY

votes

THIS IS AN INSULT  AFTER WAITING A LITTLE OVER A YEAR  TO EVEN GET MY DAMN CODE 100 COMBO I can even download the software for using the Gateway app " device RDAY `is not compatible "  so WHAT THE HELL was marshall Amps thinking when they placed teir proprietary software in Google Play store ? THIS IS BS  this is the most F-ED UP PRODUCT ROLLOUT IVE EVER WITNESSED in my lifetime  WHO THE HELL IS GOOGLE TO SAY WHAT OR WHAT ISN'T COMPATIBLE you folks need to do something about this YESTERDAY ...there is NO WAY IN HELL I WAITED THIS LONG TO CONTINUE TO KEEP SUFFERING SUCH HEADACHE SHIT 

asked 02 Jan 2018 at 05:25 PM

TONY HOLDEN
Tony, I had a hell of a time to, mostly because I'm about as computer savey as a turtle.... I couldn't get Google Play to work either , then I started looking through the settings on my phone and "discovered" that I had a "Bluetooth" thing a ma bobber in there! I activated that and after a little more head scratchin and wondering if I should go get my "IT" guy (son) ;)..... I was able to stumble through it and here I am staying up after playing around with it for 3 and half hours using my phone to adjust settings and such! Maybe you aren't having my trouble, but when you mentioned "Google Play", I thought that I would toss my two cents in and see if that helps any. Good Luck my friend, be patient and don't give up.... The end result will be worth the time. - Mike Magnum 05 Jan 2018 at 09:44 AM
Answers: 2

votes

Actually, the insult is the expectation that the Marshall R&D teams will be able to account for every possible version of phone and phone OS combination that currently exists on the planet. Not even Apple and Microsoft can do that.

The CODE series was released in early 2016, although the 100W versions were delayed because of performance issues with the power amp section of the head. Shit happens, but they released a newsletter stating the fact. Not the end of the world, right?

On the other hand, the Galaxy S3 was released in 2012 and replaced with the Galaxy S4 about a year later. So by the time Marshall got to the CODE the S3 was obsolete by at least 3 years. Also, the OS for the S3 was Android 4 with other version updates. The software generated by Softube, a partner with Marshall, probably didn't take into account all the old technology, as one would expect. The Android version at the time was 6, maybe 7, so now your expectation is to have them design a pretty sophisticated piece of audio equipment to obsolete hardware AND software. I think that is unreasonable but then you likely bitch about Microsoft releasing Windows 10 and it won't run on your P4. Oh dear! And if you want to talk about anything proprietory then just swing around to your nearest Apple store.

Your problem is NOT with Marshall but with Samsung. If they cannot update your OS then you just may need to update your phone. So get your facts right, do the research, temper your expecations (and your temper for that matter), and go rant somewhere else. This forum does not need it.

And you're right... I'm an a$$hole and you will tell me to go f@#k myself and a plethora of other terms. You have already shown your basic personality to the planet through this forum so no sense in stopping now. Maybe you can get Trump to tweet about this.

I'll leave it at that. Perhaps other members can offer a solution.

edited 02 Jan 2018 at 09:25 PM

Dave Duncan (57)

answered 02 Jan 2018 at 07:50 PM

Dave Duncan (57)
Hey Dave,
I wish your comment had a "like" button.
- Dennis Bowen 05 Jan 2018 at 09:11 PM
Well I guess you could 'vote' for the comment although not sure if that is the same as a 'like'. I appreciate your comment as I feel more users should defend Marshall if they believe it warranted. I have little tolerance for unfounded rants and 'it's all about me' points of view. If I post something that is bad information or poorly considered then I would want someone to help me get it right. Right? Thanks again. Cheers! - Dave Duncan 06 Jan 2018 at 12:22 AM
Yes, Dave. You nailed it. I think this forum is getting a lot of frustrated non-tech-savvy people that are trying their first foray into more advanced uses of Bluetooth, USB, and maybe DAW with the CODE. They seem to be unfairly blaming Marshall. I love my CODE 100H. It is great that Marshall has done this and are exposing some people to the power of modelling software. I bet many of these people that are more naïve to tech would not have used a modelling amp if Marshall had not made such a product. Unfortunately, Marshall is getting the same flack that other tech companies (MS and Apple) always get.

I love the CODE and it works great for me. Works on my phone, with my laptop, etc. I probably wouldn't gig with it because I prefer a straight amp and pedals for that, but you certainly could. I have used a bunch of other modelling pedals/software in the past, but none nailed the Marshall sound like a CODE. I never had the money to afford a good tube amp, so I never even considered buying Marshall until CODE. After using the CODE, I got so hooked, that I just had to drop the cash on a JVM410HJS. OMG...what had I been waiting for. I can honestly say that the CODE is pretty darn close. I probably could have saved the cash, but I am still keeping the JVM. The JCM800 (orange mode crunch channel on JVM410) and JVM OD models match the actual JVM 410 extremely well when played through the same 4 x 12 cab.

I too have gotten angered replies from people that have overly high expectations of how much Marshall can address different software and hardware that people may wish to use with the CODE. Kudos for helping out the non-tech savvy people. Kudos to Marshall for great products and the sounds we all grew up loving to hear.
- Mark Hallman 06 Jan 2018 at 03:29 PM
Thanks for the support... there is not too much of that these days it seems. What really irks me are the comments that single out Marshall with no thought about what has already been introduced into the market. Like the guy who spews on about top panel controls. Gee, I guess VOX really doesn't know how to build an iconic amp since, you know, 1958. Or the Fender Mustang series. Or Magnatone, Supro, Tonemaster and so on. Get the facts right. So my thinking is that if I can offer something to the forum that gives users information that may help, then I should do that. I have been a teacher, technical trainer, technical writer, and am someone who likes to share information. I have worked in music stores, music studios, been in bands... lots of experiences. Gotta pass the torch. And my presets are being well received. Check them out. Best regards to all who are similar thinkers. Cheers! - Dave Duncan 06 Jan 2018 at 04:41 PM

vote

Hello Tony,

We have had issues in the past with compatability so we have added this link where you can download the app from another source.

https://my.marshall.com/support/faq/1029/gateway-can't-be-installed-google-play-says-this-app-is-not-compatible-with-your-device

Please try downloading the app and let us if you have any further issues.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support.

answered 03 Jan 2018 at 12:01 PM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
I downloaded this to try to sideload it to my Nook Samsung Galaxy tab 4. (App works great on my Samsung S8+ but I would like to use it on a device with a bigger screen.)

I cannot find the APK file. It appears as a Gateway.zip compressed file with all the contents you would expect in an APK, but there is no specific APK file. Where in the file structure do I find the APK? Thanks!
- Mark Hallman 06 Jan 2018 at 04:29 PM
Hi Mark,

Are you using the link below to download, please follow the instructions on this page

https://my.marshall.com/support/faq/1029/gateway-can't-be-installed-google-play-says-this-app-is-not-compatible-with-your-device

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 17 Jan 2018 at 09:56 AM
Loading - please wait...