Brand new Code 50 - WAY too bright!

votes

I brought it home yesterday and hooked it up in the studio, started going through the channels starting at 00, got into the teens before I even found one I could stand. Every single one was way too bright. I turned the treble down on those and they were almost acceptable until I started playing with enthusiasm, then way way too sharp again.

I tried 5 different guitars, all of which sound great with the orange and vox amps I have already in the same studio space, nothing sounded good.

I got into the 30's and was so dissappointed, I was going to take it back - just couldn't deal with it even though the power, range and flexibility was so cool. I finally through a thick sweatshirt over the front (double thickness) and tried again. Everything was fixed.

So my question is can I open it up, put a double layer of material between the speaker and grill so I can stand it and cose it back up without voiding the warranty or do I just have to deal with an amp covered by a hoodie?

asked 08 Jan 2018 at 03:21 AM

will swanson
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Will,

Regarding your question, opening up your Code and adding material will void your warranty. 

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 08 Jan 2018 at 08:21 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
So in other words, make sure anything you add to the inside is easy to remove before taking it in for any warranty work. - Dennis Bowen 11 Jan 2018 at 12:52 PM
Between the blue tooth issues, a developing static and the tone - it went back. - will swanson 11 Jan 2018 at 01:39 PM
Loading - please wait...