The Sound on my Code 100 Randomly Goes Out While Playing

votes

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue, I bought my CODE 100 brand new back in November and after about a week of having it, the sound began to mute in the middle of my playing for one  to two minutes. Turning the amp off and back on seems to be a temporary fix but the problem still occurs. I have also tried to see if there was a difference in having my CODE connected to the app, and it seems like the amp goes longer with keeping sound while connected to the app but it still mutes ocassionally. I also have the latestest firmware. 

asked 12 Jan 2018 at 07:34 AM

Tahj Reavis (2)
Yes. I bought mine in late October and haven't had a chance to use it until now. It's doing exactly the same thing. I updated the firmware today to the latest release. No help. I guess we need to contact customer support? - Dan Kofahl 14 Jan 2018 at 06:52 PM
Exactly, my CODE 25 also is doing this. I haven't played it much the past year, but now it mutes after about 3-5 minutes. At the same time, the display looks like the lcd numbers are fading.
It also thinks I'm turning the knobs when I'm not. Turning it off then on fixes it for another few minutes, then it mutes again. I think my warranty is finished, which means I'll probably have to throw this away unfortunately. I wonder if this is a product-wide issue?

Did you get it fixed?
- Dan Chinnapen 26 Feb 2018 at 05:39 PM
Hi Dan,

We would recommend contacting your dealer for information on your warranty.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 27 Feb 2018 at 09:23 AM
Thank you. I am out of warranty now. But it seems the most recent firmware update fixed the lack of sound issue.
The screen is still glitchy though.
- Dan Chinnapen 27 Feb 2018 at 03:28 PM
Yes I took it to service, in the box it came in.... very protected, they fixed the problem and said shoddy soldering on the board had broken, they also gave the position for the repair, but in having it fixed they garfed the vinyl on the brand new cabinet in two places, I had to glue the tears back down, they were Vision electronics out of Allen Park MI
It works now.
- Dan Kofahl 28 Feb 2018 at 01:17 AM
Good that you got it fixed. Bummer that it was poor soldering, but even worse that it cost you a torn covering. On the bright side, it can be considered "relic-ing" ... Thanks for the tip. I guess I'll have to take it in and risk it being relic'd, or open it up myself. - Dan Chinnapen 28 Feb 2018 at 03:11 PM
Answers: 1

votes

Hi

Thank you for your messages, sorry you seem to be having issues with the sound on your Codes, if you are losing sound and you have tried the update, it seems you have a fault with your unit and would suggest you return you unit to the shop purchased as your warranty is with the dealer and they will be able to have a look at the amp for you.

Marshall Support

answered 16 Jan 2018 at 10:21 AM

I also facing this issue now & i bought it on 17 september 2016 now my warranty i finished so what can i do...?? - SHUBHAM KASHYAP 15 Apr 2018 at 11:57 AM
Hi Shubham,

Thank you for your message, still contact your dealer they should be able to get this looked at.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 16 Apr 2018 at 10:24 AM
Loading - please wait...