DSL 15 Head Question

votes

HI all, 

There is a DSL15 head with MX412 for sale at a good price about an hour away from where I live and I wanted to ask a couple questions before I decide if I wanna go check it out or not. 

Is a 4x12 too much cab for the DSL15? I mean, will it have the same punch? I don't play in a big space so that's why I love the 15/7 switchable watts on the head. Would I be better off with a 2x12 or even a 1x12? I have a Blackheart Handsome Devil combo that has 15/7 watt option and it's great but I want a half stack configuration and, well I just really want a Marshall! 

My second question is about the tubes. I notice the head uses 6V6 power tubes unlike the big guys with EL34s. Is there a big difference? I have a Fender that uses 6V6s and it's great, but I want that Marshall roar. Can the DSL15 get me to close to a good Led Zep classic rock type sound or should I go for something else?

Cheers!

edited 13 Jan 2018 at 10:10 AM

Captain Black Dog

asked 13 Jan 2018 at 10:04 AM

Captain Black Dog
Answers: 1

votes

Hello,

Regarding your first question as long as the impdence is matched it should sound nice with a 4x12.

We use the 6V6 valves to develop the 15 watts it still has the Marshall sound but if you are after a specfic sound we would recommend trying it first to make sure the amplifer can give you the sound you are after. 

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 15 Jan 2018 at 10:58 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Loading - please wait...