Code 50/Gateway App/Galaxy Note 8 Bluetooth Connection Problems

votes

I just bought a code 50, downloaded the gateway app and tried to connect it to my galaxy note8.  I find that the app connects my note8 to the amp as an audio player (I can play songs in my note8's music library through the amp) but it will not connect the note8 to the amp as an amp controller.  In other words, I can play music through my amp but not control the amp's settings.  Even though the note8's bluetooth settings shows the amp is paired, the app says it's not connected.  I've followed the instructions found in the code 50 users manual as well as the instruction founs in the app itself several times to no avail.  Can you help please?  Thank you.

asked 13 Jan 2018 at 08:53 PM

kevin christensen (2)
I'm having the same issue with a Galaxy 8+. Would love any help. - Todd Arnett 15 Jan 2018 at 12:42 AM
Same issue with Moto Z force - Jon (Joe) Amaral 30 Jan 2018 at 07:57 PM
Answers: 3

votes

In addition to pairing your amp using Bluetooth, you also have to connect the Gateway app to your CODE.  This should be under the "menu" tab of the app.  It works just fine with my S8+.

Let us know if you have further issues.

answered 15 Jan 2018 at 02:32 AM

Mark Hallman (25)
When I try to connect with the Gateway App, I see it in the menu, then it says "Connecting" and then "Not Connected". I repeat this process over and over again. It's really frustrating. However, I can play music through it fine just as Kevin mentioned. I also tried with my wife's Pixel 2 XL and had the same issue.

However, I tried with my dad's iPhone and it worked fine.
- Todd Arnett 30 Jan 2018 at 08:01 PM

votes

I have a similar issue trying to connect my Google Pixel. I can pair the amp in the bluetooth settings, but the Marshall app doesn't show it as available.

answered 19 Jan 2018 at 05:40 PM

Sam Storie (1)
Did you ever have any luck? - Todd Arnett 23 Feb 2018 at 06:14 AM
Nope. After running into this problem and having the same "master volume way too loud" problem that so many other people had I just returned the amp. In hindsight it wasn't what I was looking for at this stage of learning guitar, but these problems were too much to deal with too. - Sam Storie 23 Feb 2018 at 11:05 AM
Hi Sam,

Sorry that you had to return the amp, The Marshall Gateway will only work with Android and IOS devices.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 23 Feb 2018 at 11:44 AM
As I said, I was using a Google Pixel, which was Google's flagship Android phone not that long ago. - Sam Storie 23 Feb 2018 at 05:23 PM

votes

Not answer but help please.

I have the code 50 and can pair with iPad but can’t with iPhone 6.? It shows it but won’t connect.

edited 24 Jan 2018 at 12:32 AM

Ron Randall

answered 24 Jan 2018 at 12:08 AM

Ron Randall
Loading - please wait...