Code 50 noise

vote

Dear all.

In my code 50 fw 1.41, when I play, I  hear noises eg preset 02,03.04,06,07 ... 93. Is it similar to you or do you have a clear sound (no noise)? My guitar Gibson les paul tribiute 2017 and I use cable Fender FG10.

The best Regards

Jaca

I can send a sample to interested persons

edited 27 Jan 2018 at 08:34 PM

Jaca Wa (1)

asked 27 Jan 2018 at 08:09 PM

Jaca Wa (1)
Answers: 4

vote

The humbucking pickups should not be the source of any noise, assuming the wiring is done properly and there are no loose connections. An exception would be if you have a coil tap on the guitar. Sometimes switching from humbucking mode to single coil mode can cause noise. Also check the jack, the switch and pots to make sure they are clean and there is no crackle. Dirt can cause bad connections.

The cable is the next item to check. Make sure that there are no bad solder connections. It doesn't matter what the brand is or who makes it or where it was made. If there is a break in the shielding or bad quality control, you will get niose. Use a different cable to troubleshoot.

Finally, check the power supply in your house.  I don't know what country you live in so I'm going to assume you have the correct amplifier wiring for your location. If you have a stereo or other audio equipment, check to see if you get a similar noise from the same receptacle. You may need a line filter to clean up the power source.

It comes down to you doing some troubleshooting to isolate the source of the noise. Hope this helps. 

answered 28 Jan 2018 at 04:46 AM

Dave Duncan (57)
My location is Poland.I checked the cable(I changed it), unfortunately the noise remained. Code 50 connected directly to the network, 230 VAC network (L1, N, PE). I checked the PE-Ground connection and it is correct. I'm disappointed with this Code 50. The sound from the amp is tragic.
The best regards
Jaca
I literally just bought it and feel like i wasted my money :(

- Jaca Wa 02 Feb 2018 at 08:44 PM

votes

What should i do?

edited 02 Feb 2018 at 08:45 PM

Jaca Wa (1)

answered 02 Feb 2018 at 07:53 PM

Jaca Wa (1)

votes

I have no answer for you. Perhaps Marshall or another user in Europe can assist. My apologizes for not being able to be more help.

Best regards.

answered 02 Feb 2018 at 09:03 PM

Dave Duncan (57)
Thank you for your interest in my problem.

The best regards
Jaca
- Jaca Wa 02 Feb 2018 at 09:47 PM

votes

Hi Jaca,

Thank you for your message,  Some presets are more noisy than others down to the nature of the amp model and wether it's high gain or not, try and turn the noise gate up to see if this helps.

Marshall Support

answered 05 Feb 2018 at 02:25 PM

Loading - please wait...