Mini Jubilee 2525c

votes

Hi,

Could anyone tell me which Pre Amp valvel to order for my 2525c?

Its just over 1 year old, likely 700 hours playing, and has an unwanted noise. If I play a B or B#, then there’s a rattling sound, can only describe it as china / porcelain rattling, like a cup on a saucer vibrating as a vehicle passed. Weird description I know. Definitely coming from amp and tried to by pass all pedals, still happens. Ive checked every screw etc, most people more knwoledable than me says its the pre amp Valve. 

asked 01 Feb 2018 at 02:49 PM

Craig Gabell
Answers: 2

vote

You can find all technical data here:

https://www.marshall.com/marshall-amps/products/amps/mini-jubilee/2525c

edited 01 Feb 2018 at 03:22 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)

answered 01 Feb 2018 at 03:22 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
Thank You
- Craig Gabell 01 Feb 2018 at 03:57 PM

votes

Something to check...

Have a look at the screws on the bridge and pickups. Even though there is usually a wire that puts some tension on the bridge piece adjusting screws, they can still be loose and cause rattle. The pickup height screws can be a source of rattles as well. These are only items to check.

To confirm which tube is failing, if that is the actual problem area, use a drum stick or chop stick, or something similar, to lightly tap each tube. If they are getting bad you should hear the tapping through the speaker. At least that's what I used to do on some of my earlier amps when I was in a band. Simply replace the tubes that make the sound.

answered 02 Feb 2018 at 06:38 AM

Dave Duncan (57)
Loading - please wait...