Marshall code 50 cuts out.

vote

Why does my code 50 amp cut out? Also, has loud crackeling sound when it's working. Sounds like a blown speaker but it's not. The master volume is only turned up 1/4 of the way and it's loud. Problems still remains even at lower volume. slight delay on the footswitch also when changing from one preset to another. Frustrated in Detroit.

asked 02 Feb 2018 at 04:55 PM

Craig Truran (1)
I don't know why your amp would be cutting out, but I can give an answer on the delay switching presets. That delay is normal. I noticed it and watched a youtube video about it. They say if you are switching to a preset that uses the same pre and power amp there is no delay. Due to the amp basically being a computer connected to a power amp it takes that slight delay for the computer portion of the amp to load up the preset you are switching to. A couple ways to avoid a delay playing live would be to set up a rhythm sound, then make another preset for leads using the same pre and power amp. Or what I like to do is make a clean/rhythm sound with my pre distortion off, then set up a good pre distortion that I can turn on and off when using the pedal in pedal mode. I actually uploaded one of those presets here. I think I called it "switchblade" for using the pedal in switch mode. It starts with a clean, then when in switch mode you can kick on distortion/chorus/delay as needed. - Dennis Bowen 04 Feb 2018 at 02:29 PM
Thank you both for the question and for the answer. I also appreciated the delay from the beginning, but not in switch mode, I thought it had to be something like that. Now I am clear that each bank has to load a different AMP, it is the secret. In addition, it can be switched to switch mode and the possibilities increase.
Health!!!
- QuiQue Cabañas 31 May 2021 at 09:25 PM
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...