Marshall Code 25 - Headphones problem

votes

I just recently purchased a Marshall Code 25 and when i tried to use headphones(all 3 of them, of extremely good quality and every day use) the sound is terrible.

What might be the problem, and are any of the marshall headphones good for that amp? Does the Code need some kind of specific headphones?

asked 08 Feb 2018 at 06:23 PM

konos ane
Answers: 1

votes

No, the CODE does not require special or any type of specific headphone. When you say the sound is terrible, you should try to be a little more specific as it will help in figuring out your problem.

What I can tell you is that you need to be aware that some amp headphone circuits are not as good as audio circuits. I'm not saying that the Marshall circuit is crap, just that it is not the same as a stereo or higher end audio circuit. You may simply be sending too much signal to the headphone. It is very raw and not filtered as much as, for example, a music audio signal. And the magnet / cone combination in a headphone is more sensitive than a guitar amp speaker. My suggestion is to simply turn down the master volume and adjust the tones, if necessary. I have a very generic pair of headphone... very light duty, not studio grade. I am not having any issues with the quality of sound.

Not sure this helps. Cheers!

answered 08 Feb 2018 at 07:26 PM

Dave Duncan (57)
First of all, thank you for your reply and sorry for not putting more information.
When i say terrible I mean ----> Sound is too "bassy" like everything sounds too heavy, and there is too much distortion even if I tweak the gain button.
Furthermore when i connect the amp with my pc and listen to songs and play the guitar with the same headphones, the pc sounds perfect while my guitar still sounds bad.
Oh and when i use my headphones for the guitar i need to put the master volume above 5 to listen like normal. Otherwise its too quiet
I also tried what you said with the master volume and the tones and nothing changes unfortunately.
Perhaps i just need new headphones, cause the ones i have, while still great, they are pretty old I don't really know.

Still thank you for your response and I hope you understand what i am saying my english is not the best in the world!
- konos ane 14 Feb 2018 at 12:41 AM
Loading - please wait...