Problem with Midi Connection G-System to JVM 410HJS

votes

Hello,

I have a problem with connecting a TC Electronics G-System to my JVM 410HJS. The way described in the manual does not work. Preset switching is not possible. The Midi channels have been matched to Ch 1 according to the manual but programming is not working. The JVM doesn't receive messages (no fast blinking). Does the G-System not send useable midi data at all?

Thank you in advance!

Guido

asked 18 Feb 2018 at 08:12 PM

Guido Focke
Answers: 4

vote

Sorry...This worked fine with my ES-8.  Try resetting the amp to ensure it is receiving on MIDI channel 1:  Hold the clean channel button while you turn the power on.  The channel indicator lights will flash.  Then, press the crunch channel to confirm the factory reset.

It may be the G System, but I am not familiar with that.

answered 20 Feb 2018 at 01:14 AM

Mark Hallman (25)
Hello Mark, the factory reset solved the problem. Thank you very much!!
:)
Kind egards,
Guido
- Guido Focke 20 Feb 2018 at 05:35 PM
I am very glad to hear that. Enjoy! - Mark Hallman 02 Mar 2018 at 07:00 PM

votes

The JVM will respond to program change (PC) functions.  You would need to create these on whatever MIDI controller you're using.  Set the channel and features you would like for a given PC and arm the JVM to save by pressing the footswitch/MIDI button twice...it should then blink.  While it is blinking, save the settings on the MIDI device.  (You need to read how to do this on your G System manual.)  A successful save will be indicated when the footswitch/MIDI button stops flashing and goes dark.  Repeat this process for up to 128 total different PC presets.   The JVM does default to MIDI channel 1.  I don't know if that can be changed. 

I hope this helps.

answered 18 Feb 2018 at 09:24 PM

Mark Hallman (25)
Thank you...but that is what is written in the manual and what I tried several times without success. - Guido Focke 19 Feb 2018 at 05:17 PM

votes

I am having the same problem but with my Podhd500x. I learned how to midi control the JVM channel switching and it was working with no issues for about 1 month. Then the Jvm would not change channels anymore but in the beginning it would work intermittingly. Now it doesnt change amp channels at all. I will try to reset my JVM- I didn't even know that was a possibility until reading this post. I'm so hopeful now

answered 02 Mar 2018 at 01:34 PM

jason evans
This may be an issue with your MIDI cable. Check the cable and the connections. I am not familiar with the POD, but maybe that is reassigning the channel of your JVM as a possible explanation? If the POD is sending a channel reassignment command to the JVM, then the reset will help, but it would probably stop working again after you use whatever preset or function sent the reassignment command in the first place. Good luck! - Mark Hallman 02 Mar 2018 at 01:45 PM
just tried it and still not receiving the signal from the hd500x. midi button just keeps flashing.... - jason evans 02 Mar 2018 at 02:20 PM
After a reset, you will need to reassign your MIDI patches to the desired program change signals under channel 1 sent from your POD. It sounds as though you were successful with that in the first place, and you will just have to repeat the process. - Mark Hallman 02 Mar 2018 at 02:38 PM
After I did reset it, the attempt to reprogram the JVM with the hd500x didn't work. Factory reset both the amp and hd500x. Reset them then turned them off and on.

Just spoke to Sweetwater and they are sending me a new unit. It was a pain free conversation with the Sweetwater tech support
- jason evans 02 Mar 2018 at 03:06 PM

votes

Update Shpset Midi for JVM410HJS

http://jvmforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11133&p=107399&hilit=JHS+10.22#p107399

answered 27 Nov 2018 at 10:36 AM

Patrick Comandre
Loading - please wait...