Bluetooth :Problems with steaming

votes

Hello,

Recently I bougth a code 50.

When I want to stream music with bluetooth to the code, you can hear all kind of interruptions. The further the distance, the worse. But even with the laptop at a distance of 1 meter, you can haven interuptions.

I tried to solve the problem by upgrading to the latest firmware, but this has no effect.

When I am treaming to an other bluetooth device with the same laptop, I don't have any problems even at a distance of 8 meter. So the problem must be in the code.

Does anyone has the same problem?

What to do, or is this a defect?

Thx. 

edited 27 Feb 2018 at 03:11 PM

Filip Van Huynegem

asked 27 Feb 2018 at 03:00 PM

Filip Van Huynegem
Answers: 5

votes

Hi Filip,

Thank you for your message, have you tried using a mobile device to send music to the Code via Bluetooth and if so are you getting the same results, if you have not could you try this, and see if you get the same interruptions.

Could you also send over a sound clip to servicedesk@marshallamps.com

Marshall Support

answered 28 Feb 2018 at 09:08 AM

Hello,

Today I tried to stream with a tablet.
Unfortunately I'm getting the same result.
With a distance of 2 m you get interruptions now and then.
The interruptions get worse if you stand in between them.
Seems like the reception of the signal is worse then.

Concerning the sound clip, I'm not sure if I'm getting it right.
Do you want me to make a sound record of the interruption?

Regards,

Filip.
- Filip Van Huynegem 03 Mar 2018 at 02:13 PM
Hi Filip,

If can record a sound clip that would be great

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 05 Mar 2018 at 08:54 AM

votes

Hello,

Sound clip was sent to : servicedesk@marshallamps.com

Regards,

Filip.

answered 11 Mar 2018 at 06:31 PM

Filip Van Huynegem
Thank you Filip, we will look into this for you

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 12 Mar 2018 at 09:32 AM
Hello,

I received an answer from the service desk.
They say that they have tried to reproduce the issue, and they couldn't.
They suggested to let the amp be inspected by an engineer.

So I went to the store, and they opened an other new amp and they tried to stream with a tablet.
At 3 meter they have the same issue. It gets even worse if someone passes in between of the amp and tablet.
At 1 meter with nothing in between its better, but you can not guarantee that there will be no interruptions.
So there opinion is that this is not a malfunction of just my amp. It must be a problem on all of them.

Can you check this out to find a solution.

Regards,

Filip.
- Filip Van Huynegem 14 Mar 2018 at 05:29 PM

votes

Hi Filip,

The codes main function is an amplifier and the bluetooth function is designed as a feature to playback music while playing guitar at close distance. It is not designed as a bluetooth speaker, so if you are far away from the Code and the connection is not very strong then you may experience some of the sound dropping out.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 16 Mar 2018 at 08:41 AM

votes

Hello,

This is the answer I received from the support of Marshall:

Hi Filip,

The codes main function is an amplifier and the bluetooth function is designed as a feature to playback music while playing guitar at close distance. It is not designed as a bluetooth speaker, so if you are far away from the Code and the connection is not very strong then you may experience some of the sound dropping out.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

Answered by Marshall - 16 Mar 2018 at 08:41 AM

I Know very well that the main function of the amp is to amplifier.

I'm using streaming with bluetooth to playback music while playing guitar, so I have no intention to use the amp as spearker.

Bluetooth has a standard in classes. But the class has to do with the send power, not with receiving.

All send equipment was class II, so normaly the distance to receive must be within 10m without a problem.

You can not guarantee that the amp will receiving the signal at even 1m, so my  opinion is that the amps have an issue.

What is the use of a cable of 6 meter from the amp to the guitar, if you have to be closer than 1 meter to the amp to stream?

Regards,

Filip.

edited 17 Mar 2018 at 08:37 AM

Filip Van Huynegem

answered 16 Mar 2018 at 01:37 PM

Filip Van Huynegem

votes

Hi Filip,

We have not been able to recreat the issue you are having, I would suggest you return the amp to the dealer and have it looked at by an engineer, as you may have a fault with your Bluetooth Board

Marshall Support

answered 21 Mar 2018 at 03:05 PM

Loading - please wait...