CODE 25 - master volume issuses

vote

Hi everyone!

Recently I bought Marshall CODE 25 and it's a great amp but I have one little problem with it.

There is a problem with MASTER potentiometer. I noticed that when I set it between 0-0.99 it is very very quiet but when I set it about 1.0 it becomes very loud. And in the effect it is very hard to play at "bedroom" volume levels. I must say that I'm disappointed - I had Yamaha THR 10 previously and it could play very well at every volume and it could play very quiet.

So to sum it up, is this some general issue with all CODE amps or something is broken in mine? Maybe master potentiometer needs repair?

asked 28 Feb 2018 at 08:15 PM

Rafał Nowak (4)
If my recent you mean under 1 month, I was able to return mine for a full money back return. The master is wonky, the cleans have digital noise, the more I played with mine the less I liked it... just a thought to consider before your time is up. - nobody here 09 Mar 2018 at 06:09 PM
Answers: 6

votes

I've solved my problem with this Marshall by selling it ;)

answered 05 Nov 2018 at 11:02 AM

Rafał Nowak (4)
lol !!! yeh that would certainly put an end to any problems . I like it - stephen haynes 02 Mar 2019 at 08:55 AM

votes

I have the same problem, it’s either too soft or if you increase even by a bit it just becomes too loud for bedroom playing. There needs to be a permanent fix either through firmware update or through recall, not a work around.

I’ve read similar posts and it seems that the RnD have been working on this since around April last year. Almost a year now for volume issue?? Really? Marshall is a great brand, it’s your reputation at risk. I’m pretty sure they have capable engineers (or do they?). The longer it takes Marshall to resolve this issues, the more of these type of posts will surface, the more negative impact to Marshall’s reputation. So Marshall.. when are we going to get a permanent fix for this? :-)

answered 03 Mar 2018 at 01:10 PM

Rangga MaBro (2)

vote

This has been a problem since day one with this amp, if only Marshall tech team could/ would sort out this issue it would transform this amp into a  more manageable piece of equipment for us home users.. I have tried my best to love this amp, but 2 years down the line I'm still struggling.

Come on Marshall please sort this and reinstall the faith your customers  have shown we all are feeling a little let down. If as stated on this thread ( master volume) at least keep us updated on the possible fix date. 

Regards.

answered 04 Mar 2018 at 04:41 PM

Martin Blyth (27)
My CODE 50 is having this issue. Has Marshall resolved it yet? Or should I return the amp to the store?
- Cody Berger 04 Nov 2018 at 04:29 AM
Hi Cody,

Thank you for your comment, there is not a fix for this if you need to lower the master volume to get the correct sound we recommend you use the preset volume to help with this.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 05 Nov 2018 at 10:53 AM

votes

All the CODE amps has this issue. As a solution you can set the volume of the preset to about 2-3 and the master-volume will work more smoothly, but the level of the signal via USB will be less.

answered 01 Mar 2018 at 04:07 AM

Denis Moysienko (85)
Well, that's a shame. So it means that basically CODE 25 is not fully suitable for playing at low "bedroom" volume levels and home practising. - Rafał Nowak 01 Mar 2018 at 09:58 AM
Why? I don't hear much changes in sound between volume set to 1 and to 10 - Denis Moysienko 01 Mar 2018 at 10:28 AM
You can definitely play at bedroom levels but you will have to use an editor and edit or create a new preset. My code is fitted in a cabinet and I can't even reach the knobs. I control it from my computer via USB.

To get bedroom volume. I have master at about 3 and vary the EQ/Channel volume between 0.1 and 2.0. Save the preset at the level you like. You can call that up any time and play whisper quiet to loud TV and beyond.

Just have to balance the two volumes via an editor. Master should be at around 3 to get a full sound, then the channel volume can be set in editor to anything fron 0.1 and still sound ok.
- Adrian Tysoe 09 Mar 2018 at 12:51 AM

votes

Hi Martin,

As we have explained on other threads, The Master Volume is not a part of the Board to be updated via Firmware, you will need to adjust each presets Volume to get the best sound from the amp.

Marshall Support

answered 05 Mar 2018 at 08:57 AM

How is this a solution though? Doesn't changing the volume impact the rest of the signal chain? If I lower the volume, does it not impact the applied pedals? Does it not create a lower through-put on the effects? And if the volume does not impact the sound of the effects, then what is the point of having volume? I understand your answer, I'd just really like to know the impact on sound. - Lars Thomsen 07 Mar 2018 at 01:53 PM
Hi, Marshall Support.
Can I have a part number of the potentiometer for master volume control?
- sorento studio 19 Oct 2022 at 04:14 AM

votes

o meu code 25 tem esse problema do do volume master tem estar bem baixo o vlome para ter um som bom

answered 25 Feb 2020 at 12:08 AM

dione camargo
Loading - please wait...