Is there any solution for bluetooth reconnecting problem of CODE amp?

votes

Hello, there. First of all sorry for my bad english.

I got two CODE 25, and it cannot be automatically paired with my phone again if it was rebooted.

When it is turned on, the blue light does just keep off and never get reconnection process.

Both of these got this issue after firmware update, and factory reset and troble shooting guide does not help anything.

I tried every ways so many times but it was useless.

There are many users suffering from this issue just like me... it is really annoying even this amp is really good.

Please leave an advice. thank you.

edited 15 Mar 2018 at 11:00 AM

Sy Jo (3)

asked 13 Mar 2018 at 08:58 AM

Sy Jo (3)
Answers: 6

votes

Try to turn on A2DP for the CODE in BT settings if you can. This is solved all BT problems for me.

answered 14 Mar 2018 at 02:39 PM

Denis Moysienko (85)
Thanks for your kindness. I really appreciate.
Did you say use an A2DP manager for the smartphone, or watch BT setting of the CODE?
First case doesn't work. It saved address of CODE and connect well with first, then repeat same problem after it was turned off.
When I turn it on, it never try to connect with the phone while the phone tries to reconnect again and again by the A2DP manager.
the blue light of the amp does just keep turning off unlike before the update.
- Sy Jo 14 Mar 2018 at 04:21 PM
agree. mine does not work either, no matter what. have to "forget device", then re-add.

iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.2.6
- Budo Guy 14 Mar 2018 at 04:48 PM
Gee... it drives me nuts lol It is just simple steps, but quite annoying than before.
If they couldn't solve this problem, I wish It is just able to return the firmware to factory version.
Why doesn't the FC Reset process clear the updated firmware?
- Sy Jo 14 Mar 2018 at 04:57 PM
Sy Jo, in my case I'm go to settings->bluetooth->press gear on Code->and mark checkbox "media audio" (in english version, when I switch to my native language interface it's called A2DP)->OK. My device is Nexus 6, Android 7.1.1. If I unmark this checkbox I cannot connect to CODE via gateway app anymore. Maybe exactly on your device you will not see this checkbox. - Denis Moysienko 15 Mar 2018 at 03:02 AM
Okay I understand. Thanks to you, but it is not working. It was normal setting on my phone that you said. Mine is Galaxy S6 edge on Android 7.0. - Sy Jo 15 Mar 2018 at 08:10 AM

votes

Hi Sy,

Thank you for your comments, we have said in previous threads, the team are working on a Bluetooth Update for those having the issue, and have also stated there was nothing in the last Firmware update, that would have affected the Codes Bluetooth function, after carrying out many tests here, we was unable to recreate this issue, with devices not auto connecting, please make sure you only have one of your Codes connected each time you try and repair.

Marshall Support

answered 16 Mar 2018 at 11:58 AM

I know you said there are no functional changes in the patch, but I have 2 CODE and both of these have same problem and also there are many same complaints about this issue after the update in my nation too. I didn't try to connect these at the same time, and all of my devices cannot connected even I cleared all of the data for CODE. New connection working, re-connection never. Before the firmware update, the CODE tried to reconnect with device flashing the blue indicator when the BT dropped, but it doesn't now. I wouldn't be depressed like this if there's just a way to let this roll back. Then I can be sure the update was not a cause of this problem like you said... - Sy Jo 16 Mar 2018 at 02:43 PM

votes

why is this taking so long?????

i can see a little shop not being able to get this done, but Marshall????

really?

like, really really?

ouchy.  especially since this is my 1st Marshall amp.

so much for the storied history.  future aint so bright.

answered 21 Mar 2018 at 01:56 AM

Budo Guy (2)
Wow - having to reconnect e anytime sucks. Since Marshall cannot reproduce these issues maybe they should purchase some of these amps from the customers they are infuriating TO GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED!!!! - Jon (Joe) Amaral 22 Mar 2018 at 03:37 AM
If the factory reset just made reset the upgraded firmware... oh headache... - Sy Jo 22 Mar 2018 at 11:09 AM

votes

so I just received a replacement amp (CODE 25) and it's running firmware 1.3

I established a bt connection, checked things out, turned of and unplugged the amp to make sure bt was definitely not connected.

turned the amp back on and guess what?  BLUETOOTH RECONNECTED AUTOMATICALLY !!!

think i ought to upgrade to firmware 1.41????   NOT!!!

so, if you have the option, return your amp and get a "new" one with the old firmware

answered 28 Mar 2018 at 05:50 PM

Budo Guy (2)

votes

So I just got my Code 25.  I'm having this same problem, where it will not turn bluetooth on automatically everytime I turn it on.  I have to go through the whole forget device on my phone and re-pair every single time.  My version of the firmware is still the old 1.11, so its not the 1.41 update...  This is ridiculous!  I love the amp but the main reason I bought it was the bluetooth app control...

answered 06 Jul 2018 at 06:43 PM

aaron busby (3)

votes

I have exactly the same problem, the connectivity was poor before the firmware update, but now I have to forget the device and reconnect everytime I use the amp. I have an iphone 5 se. This is a big problem. I wouldnt reccomend this amp to anyone untill this issue is fixed.

answered 10 Jan 2019 at 07:27 AM

Eoin McClelland
Hi Eoin,

We are working on an update for the Code, for those having issues, we are more than happy to have a look at your amp for you, and we can check over the Bluetooth on the amp, if you are based in the Uk, please contact us on servicedesk@marshall.com

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 10 Jan 2019 at 09:12 AM
Loading - please wait...