UNGODLY NOISE

votes

Hello, WiseOnes...While powering up my JVM 410c with various effect pedals (some are daisy chained/9v, one is powered by an 18v adapter), while the amp is in standby mode, I get this squeal, like a howl from hell, that sounds like my amp is being consumed from the inside out...(okay, I exaggerated a little...) but it sounds horrible. After a while, it recedes, then goes away...at first I thought it was like some type of random radio/tv signal being picked up somehow, but I don't know. I'm probably doing something stupid with the pedals, right? HELP!!! Thanks, you guys!

asked 18 Mar 2018 at 08:40 PM

Vincent McCauley
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Vincent,

Regarding the noise, does it make the squeal when you have nothing in the effects loop? if so we would recommend plugging in the pedals you use in the effects loop one at a time to find out which one sets off the squeal. If it is the pedals it is probably due to the order you have the connected, if you would like to explain your set up we can have our guitaist lookover it for you.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 26 Mar 2018 at 07:23 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Thanks for responding! I know you all are very busy. I have an Eventide H9 in the effects loop...properly connected..return/send. What the problem turned out to be is some type of tube failure. I had 4 EL34's replaced Sept2016. It was making that weird sound when I would warm the amp up on standby. After a while it would fade and I could play. Last week it totally failed...loud popping sound and flash of light from the back of the amp. Sooo, I'm pretty sure the effects loop is the least of my problems, but thank you once again for your concern and support! - Vincent McCauley 26 Mar 2018 at 04:30 PM
Loading - please wait...