foot-switch compatible with Code 100H

votes

Hello, 

i switch through my presets with  the Marshall PEDL-91009, however, this pedalboard only has 3 switches and a bank switch, however i would like to have a pedalboard with more than 3 preset switch button for faster recall ... is there a solution (maybe via MIDI) , or a compatible footswitch that i am unaware of? 

asked 21 Mar 2018 at 04:47 PM

Daniele Varra
Answers: 2

vote

Hello.

As someone who has spent LOADS of time trying to find footswitch solutions for the CODE series I feel I'm qualified to help out here!!!  LOL!!!

There are only two footswitches that work with the CODE amps.  Both are Marshall footswitches and nothing else works (the CODE firmware, the later updates, ensured that this was the case and I say this because I know of at least one person that was able to use a non-Marshall footswitch with a CODE amp. at some point but later versions of the firmware put paid to that).  The PEDL-91009, that you already have, is the first one.  The second is the PEDL-91010 (which is the one that was SUPPOSED to be bundled with the CODE 100H but I'm not sure what's happened with this bundle and I know for sure I've not been able to source a PEDL-91010 on its own either).  The PEDL-91010 lets you scroll up and down through the presets one by one and that's it i.e. nothing more and nothing less. I can also tell you that the Behringer FCB1010 will not work as a footswitch (not via the 1/4" jacks anyway).  With MIDI you at least have an option i.e. plug the code into a PC with a MIDI footswitch (like the Behringer FCB1010 being used as a MIDI controller) and program.  Somebody around these parts made mention of something called an "iConnectMIDI2" interface (to be used in conjunction with a MIDI footswitch) but I'm not sure if this will work (bearing in mind that the CODE USB input / output is not a standard / simple MIDI in / out connector).  And for the sake of completeness (and some may not know this): even although the PEDL-91009 is touted as an "intelligent footswitch" the "intelligence" is actually on the amp. itself (that's why, for example, when you reset the footswitch from the amp. all you're in effect doing is resetting the footswitch section in / of the amp. and not the footswitch itself).

Regards,

Dale.

answered 24 Mar 2018 at 10:21 AM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

Someone tryed behringer fcb1010? DOES IT WORKS? 

answered 07 Mar 2020 at 12:52 PM

Raimondo Dalmotto (9)
Loading - please wait...