Looking for replacement Super PA front panels Plexi preffered; also Metal replacement back panel

votes

Putting two old Super PA's and one old Super Lead (or Bass, hard to say) back in service.  None have any parts, so this is more a labor of love than anything.  Anybody know where I could source the following?

100 Watt Super PA #20975 - has the back panel, no front panel.  Would prefer a plexi front panel, undrilled, but would be fine with a metal panel.

50 Watt Super PA #10210. - has the back panel, no front panel. Would prefer a plexi front panel, undrilled, but would be fine with a metal panel.

70's era Super - Unsure whether a Lead or Bass. Has the front panel, but no back panel.  Would prefer a metal back panel, undrilled if possible. 

Note: Over the years I was able to find two JTM100 plexi Super PA front panels, but sadly they won't work for my projects.  I think they were both from amps around 1965 or 1966 (the ones with the creme back panels), because they have the Mark IV on the front as well as the JTM 100. The holes are completely different than what are on my two Super PAs that have gold back panels.  Mine were probably produced somewhere between 1967 and 1969; perhaps the front panel drilling was standardized by then (I heard a rumor that front panels were hand drilled early on).  

asked 23 Mar 2018 at 06:16 PM

Richard Kimzey
Answers: 2

votes

Hello Richard,

Regarding your question, unfortunaltey due to the age of the amplifiers the plexi glass panels we make now the graphics will not line up with the holes on your amplifier, as they have been moved to make the amplifier more balanced.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 26 Mar 2018 at 07:27 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)

votes

Hi Richard

There is a '68 Super PA Plexi front panel on eBay at the moment:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332580850138

Also an earlier back panel although might not be of any use:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253281579482

Also there are a few metal panels on eBay UK if you have a search.

I have a '67 Black Flag 100w PA, and they are amazing amps. Let me know if you decide not to complete the project as I might be interested. 

answered 27 Mar 2018 at 11:33 PM

James Wyatt
Loading - please wait...