Marshall Code 25 - Is there an option to reduce the power?

vote

Hi, Is there a way to reduce the power on a Code 25 from 35w down to 5w or 1w like you get on modelling amps from 'other' manufacturers?

To use as a practice amp in my home, I'm having to set the master volume and volume controls really low on the amp and still dial it back on the guitar to the point it is affecting the tone of the preset.

Since this was not obviously available on the top panel, I wondered if it was available via the app but I can't find it if it is.

Thanks in advance.

asked 04 Apr 2018 at 04:51 PM

Gary Casey (1)
Answers: 1

votes

Hello.

Short answer: no.

Long answer:

Set the Master Volume to, say, 50% and then adjust the volume for each Preset to your desired level.  Unfortunately this has to be done on a Preset-by-Preset basis.  Reducing the volume of a Preset does NOT affect the tone of the Preset (contrary to popular belief).  In order to obtain roughly the same volume for each Preset use a Decibel Meter (handheld or app.) (I cannot claim bragging rights for this idea i.e. somebody else mentioned it in a thread and it works like a charm).

Regards,

Dale.

answered 04 Apr 2018 at 06:42 PM

Dale Paterson (105)
OK, got it, many thanks for the answer. - Gary Casey 04 Apr 2018 at 06:52 PM
Yes, changing the volume of the presets doesn't affect to the tone. I think that it is designed for this purpose: to bring the volume of presets to one level and adjust the signal for recording via USB. - Denis Moysienko 05 Apr 2018 at 08:52 AM
Loading - please wait...