CODE Cab models sound

votes

Hello,

Yesterday I received my Code 50 amp. I played some hours with it and there is 1 thing that i noticed. I play most of the time at home through a headphone because neighbours, and the presets aswell as some own created sets sound really muffed if I add any Cab. I tried diffent Cabs but for me it sounds way clearer without a cab model.  I was wondering how this is possible? Did i miss something? When I remove the cab from a preset add lower the presence by 2 it sounds so much better

And when playing through the speaker while gigging with friends, will this difference still be there or is a cab model "necessary" when playing through the speaker?

Greetings, Tom

asked 01 May 2018 at 08:54 PM

Tom Verhaegh
Answers: 2

vote

Neither cabinet, nor any other emulation is necessary when you play, and it doesn't depend whether you use headphones or not. All options are for your choice, pre-amps, amps, cabs - you may mix them to create desired result, so if your personal preferences tell you that without any cabinet emulations it sounds as you like the best, don't hesitate to turn it off.

answered 03 May 2018 at 01:02 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)

votes

The guitar speaker doesn't sound like a regular sound speaker. It covers a very small frequency range. When you turn on the cab simulator, it cuts some frequencies (especially high) to sound like the cabs that it emulates.

edited 03 May 2018 at 04:26 AM

Denis Moysienko (85)

answered 03 May 2018 at 04:23 AM

Denis Moysienko (85)
Loading - please wait...