Hiss/Fizz - CODE 50

vote

Bought a CODE 50 two weeks ago and LOVE the tones - great reproductions! But I have the hissing problem as well. Quite noticeable as a chord or note decays. At first, thought it was normal 60-cycle single coil pickup hum, but it is not.

Read similar Posts on the Forum, so tried the firmware update and it did not help. Noise gate not really an effective alternative, either.

Team Marshall, any other solutions in the work Again, otherwise I love the amp and want to keep it.

Thanks.

asked 05 May 2018 at 06:20 PM

Michael George (2)
Answers: 6

votes

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your message, sorry you seem to be having issues with your Code. We have not come across this with the Code 50, have you tried another guitar and lead, it might be worth contacting the store to let one of their engineers to take a look at.

Also try a Factory reset, by holding down the amp button while switching on the amp.

Marshall Support

answered 08 May 2018 at 08:43 AM

votes

Hi guys. Had the same issue.

If you reset to factory defaults it goes away on my Code 25 firmware 1.3

It has something to do with inserting USB  as it stays on after that, even after powering off.

I reset mine and taped the usb port...

answered 20 Nov 2018 at 02:05 PM

alex newman (1)
I actually returned my first code amp when I first had the issue... then found that resetting fixes it - alex newman 20 Nov 2018 at 02:07 PM

votes

Hi, I've got a code 50 and exactly the same problem. Seems to have occurred when I put the latest update for firmware,  have just tried a factory reset and it's the same.  Apologies if there is a fix mentioned above somewhere and I don't quite understand about taping the usb could you expand on that.  Otherwise love the amp but the hiss is really annoying, tried it o 4 different guitars, single coil noisles tele, p90 custome, hotrails and humbucker and it's the same on each so sure it's the amp.

Look forwards to hearing suggestions

answered 13 Feb 2019 at 07:36 PM

ROBERT LAVERICK

votes

I'm having the same issue, but through my CODE100 2x12. I've played a Gretsch with Humbuckers throught it, and nothing. Played my Tele and I'm getting bad hiss and noise on my neck and bridge pickups. Now, I'm played same Telecaster through other amps and get nothing. For some reason, my amp cannot and does respond well to single coils? Also, I played same Tele through another CODE amp and it was fine. Like others have said, would love to know any kind of fix with this.

Thank you,

Marlon

answered 06 Mar 2020 at 02:57 PM

Marlon Correa

votes

I'm also having the same problem with a CODE 50 I bought about two weeks ago.  Tried the factory reset, to no avail, and my firmware is up-to-date.  I noted that the hiss is less prevalent on certain presets, some presets don't seem to have the hiss at all.  If anyone comes up with a solid answer, I would sure like to hear about it.  Otherwise, great amp!

answered 08 Jun 2020 at 06:36 PM

Paul Hinchman

votes

I have the same system on my Code 50.

Actually on two Code 50s.
The first one was sent in for repair and got lost.
The replacement Code 50 has the same problem, 
does not go away with the noice gate settings and sort of starts when the tone developes and then stays...

answered 19 Oct 2022 at 03:29 PM

Bram Flippo (1)
Loading - please wait...