Is it possible to record sound from Marshall Code 25 to a PC with Ubuntu Linux 18.04 installed?

vote

Hi!

Can I record sound connecting my Ubuntu Linux 18.04 via USB cable?

I think the Ubuntu does not recognize Marshall Code 25 as a recording device. I tried without success. Can you help, please?

Fábio Peruchi

Brazil

edited 18 May 2018 at 11:10 PM

Fabio Peruchi (1)

asked 18 May 2018 at 11:10 PM

Fabio Peruchi (1)
Hi Fábio,

I've have a Code-50 and I've tried to use it with Debian 4.9 (same core as Ubuntu 18.04) with lots of problems. Are you using Jack to record, or are you using Alsa?

In my case, Jack generates lots of Xrun errors and with Alsa it appears to work properly but it actually generates lots of clicks.

Actually, I haven't event found the amp specs so I can try to tweak the Jack settings so if someone make it work, it would be nice to have some information about a successful Linux use case!

Carlos Capote,
Spain
- Carlos Capote 04 Jul 2018 at 01:41 PM
By the way, something that actually did work in my case was the firmware update from the browser (it works with Chromium from Linux): https://my.marshall.com/support/firmwareupdate. Not sure if it helps but I hope it lets us know a little more about how this amp works with Linux. - Carlos Capote 04 Jul 2018 at 01:55 PM
Answers: 1

votes

I will be doing this very thing this week.

In past, JACK hasd a backend setting that needs to be set.

Also, xruns can be reduced by adjusting latency.

I will write up doco if this works

answered 09 Dec 2018 at 10:56 PM

jacob kenny
Loading - please wait...