Vintage cabinet I would like to identify from serial number

votes

Hi there,

here is a cabinet our lead player appeared with today at our practice room. He bought this in the 70's and has only replaced the cloth on it due to unwanted cat attention! Any idea how I might get the wattage and impedence from the serial number as he intends to run his Victory VX Kraken through it when it arrives! Personally I think it would be like taking an E-Type Jaguar for a spin in a ploughed field!!

Many thanks.

edited 23 May 2018 at 09:27 PM

duncan annible

asked 23 May 2018 at 09:20 PM

duncan annible
Answers: 3

votes

Hello Duncan,

To be able to tell you the wattage and impedence we would need to see the speakers inside of the cabinet, if you could send us a photo of the speakers and any information stamped on them we will do our best to help you.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 25 May 2018 at 07:44 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)

votes

I bellred out the speakers all roughly 10 ohms each, cabinet overall around 14 Ohms total but i don't have a proper tone generator to get a correct impedence. however herre are some photos of the inside of this gem

answered 25 May 2018 at 10:41 PM

duncan annible
There seems to be an issue with the uploading of photos here atm. I will send them via email.

Many thanks.
- duncan annible 26 May 2018 at 04:31 PM

votes

Thank your the photos, the cabinet is a 1960A manufactured early 70`s the speakers are 16ohm 25 watt making the cabinet when wired originally 16ohms at 100 watts. 

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 01 Jun 2018 at 01:04 PM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Loading - please wait...