Code 100H through MG 4x12 Cab

votes

I'm running a Code 100h head through MG 4x12 cabinet. This set up is load at home, but a band rehearsal I can hardly be heard above the drums and bass. 

That's with the patch volumes on 8-9 and master volume around 8-9 also.

Do I need to look at noise gate settings, presence, resonance etc or just put an EQ pedal in front of it?

I've heard others say that they gig regularly with the Code 100 without any issues.

Thanks.

asked 24 May 2018 at 01:14 PM

John Wood
Answers: 2

vote

another thing to consider , are you the only guitarist or is there more than one? your sound could be getting lost between the frequencies , try adjusting your eq settings and even lowering your gain a little bit. sometimes it takes a little bit to adjust through the mix and when signals are similar they can get lost. this is something i have found common in high gain situations. hope that helps 

answered 27 May 2018 at 04:10 PM

james ivins (1)
Thanks James.

I think it's more of an EQ problem than anything else. I'm the only guitarist in the band. Going to look at tweeking a few settings to see if it improves things.
- John Wood 28 May 2018 at 12:07 PM

votes

Hi John,

Thank you for your message, if the amp and cab are all set up correctly,  and the volume it set to a high level, and you are still getting a low output, I would suggest you get the amp looked at by an engineer.

Marshall Support

answered 25 May 2018 at 09:27 AM

Loading - please wait...