A warning about the Marshall CODE PC Editor from MarshallCODE.tools

votes

Hi.

Just a warning (possibly more a bit of advice maybe):

I noticed over the weekend that sometimes (not always) when retrieving a patch from a CODE amp. the Marshall CODE PC Editor does not always get it right.  Sometimes it will load perfectly and other times it's almost as if it's retrieved some, not all, of the settings for the patch.  I only noticed this after retrieiving some presets, making a change or two, and then overwriting on the amp. with the incorrect settings and I thought I was going bonkers because I checked and re-checked what I was doing but whenever I saved on the amp. sometimes one or two of the parameters were not as I set them.  It seems to do the same when loading a saved patch from disk too.  Wasted hours!!!

Anyway: the easy workaround really is to just keep clicking on the retrieve button until there are no more changes to any of the parameters of the preset being shown on the screen (normally only need to do it twice but three is a lucky number).  Make your changes then save back to the amp. (I've resorted to doing this three times too just for safety sake).  And when loading from disk: get into the habit of doing it three times too!!!

I'll try get their support to have a look at it (although things seem every so quiet over there).

I mention the above because even although we all know the this is not a Marshall Amplication PLC product and is not supported by them: it is indeed punted on these forums quite widely (by myself too).

Regards,

Dale.

asked 05 Jun 2018 at 02:35 PM

Dale Paterson (105)
Answers: 3

votes

Hello Dale,

I figured out that the midi toolkit which is used in code editor source is updated meanwhile.  there were some fixes and improvements done.

link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Sanford.Multimedia.Midi/  the new version is currently 6.6.0.

my proposal is that the developers compile the code editor with the 6.6.0 version.

I expect some improvements.

what do you think?

best regards,

Peter

answered 05 Jun 2018 at 04:09 PM

Peter B (2)

votes

Hi Peter.

Apologies for my belated response to your post above.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about the above to comment.

I did, however, send them an email, as noted, regarding the issue but no reponse as yet (not holding my breath either i.e. as I said things seem to be aweful quiet over that side too).

Regards,

Dale.

answered 19 Jun 2018 at 06:55 AM

Dale Paterson (105)
the PC CODE Editor has nothing to do with Marshall, they don't support it either. It's a 3rd party application. - Chris Davies 08 Oct 2018 at 06:36 PM

votes

Hi Dale,

Thanks for sharing your experience here. I posted pretty much the same topic on the The Gear Page  forums and Marshallforum.

Any updates on this or any response whatsoever?

http://buyessays.cheap/buy-term-papers-cheap/

edited 14 Nov 2019 at 08:51 AM

Adrian Altenburger

answered 09 Jul 2019 at 09:22 AM

Adrian Altenburger
Loading - please wait...