How do people manage their presets?

vote

Howdy,

I've just bought a CODE100 - what a beast!  I haven't moved on from playing with the existing presets yet, but I'm starting to think about how I'm gonna manage them when I do start building my own.

First of all, a mini-rant.  I can't believe Marshall gave us 100 existing presets, but force us to overwrite those if we want to save our own.  It's 2018, surely they can afford the few K it would take for an additional 100 presets?  In fact, I'd be happy with a bank of 20 user-preset spaces!  I owned a Zoom pedal board 20 years ago that was better than that!

So in an ideal world, I want to retain as many of those presets as I can, but make some room for maybe 10 of my own.  I've already identified a couple I can lose (Virus and Nightmare).  However, I don't want to have my new presets scattered about as I replace odd ones, I want them all together, ideally in slots 00-09.

So what's the easiest was to shuffle the rest of the presets around to make space in the first 10 slots.  And also, what other strategies have people employed for organising their library?

Thanks,
Anthony

asked 18 Jun 2018 at 07:02 AM

Anthony Burns (3)
I've either copied over or tweaked every stock preset on my amp. I hated most of the stock ones.
I just went through and made a list of every preset I didn't like so when I downloaded or made my own, those were the spots I stored them.
So mine are all over the place. I guess I kind of just use the pedal to organize them by making different banks on the pedal for different things.
- Dennis Bowen 18 Jun 2018 at 03:46 PM
Answers: 2

votes

You can store 100 your own presets into the library in the gateway app and save existing presets in your amp and switch between them

answered 19 Jun 2018 at 05:14 AM

Denis Moysienko (85)

votes

If you want to move preset replacing another one:

1. Select desired preset.

2. Press exit/store for about 2 secons, the preset name starts to blink.

3. Select position, where your preset is to be stored.

4. Press exit/store for long enough to store preset in new position, replacing the old one.

answered 18 Jun 2018 at 05:21 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
Loading - please wait...