Marshall #2054 1x15 cabinet! What's the sugested Speaker?

vote

Hi! I'm in the process of restore an empty 1x15 cabinet from 1973, model #2054! I'm trying to decide if I'm going to use it as guitar cab or a bass cab. If I decide for the Bass cabinet, due to its internal measures and specifications, what speaker do Marshall sugest?? I don't know if Back then The company's were preoccupied once studying the dimensions of the cabinets and eventual ports/reflexs versus speakers best performances .. but if so, what is the optimal bass speaker for this cabinet? 

Im going to try attach a photo of the refered model :)

check photo here: 

Any help is much appreciated!

thanks in advanced! 

edited 03 Aug 2018 at 11:26 AM

Nuno Cardinho (1)

asked 03 Aug 2018 at 10:55 AM

Nuno Cardinho (1)
Nuno Cardinho
ola, seria possivel obter com você as medidas desse gabinete ?
estou no brazil e tenho interesse em construir esse modelo...desde ja agradeço.
- Jaime Willians 06 Aug 2020 at 07:47 AM
Answers: 1

vote

Hello Nuno,

The cabinet was designed to used with the transistor amplifier model 2195, before we can recommend a speaker we would need to know what amplifier you intend to use with the cabinet.  But we no longer use 15" Lead or bass speaker.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 03 Aug 2018 at 01:17 PM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Ok thanks for the fast reply and info!
If I'm going to use it with a Bass amp, probably I'll use it with my #3520 Marshall IBS (solid state head from the late 80's), or as an extension for the 3510 bass combo.
I'm trying to use a speaker that was studied from MARSHALL that could perform best given the dimensions and characteristics of this Cabinet. Today the discussion around this issue, its always refering that the best speaker its always the one that was studied to perform best given the cab specifications and size.. and i tend to agree on the bass speakers world.
I know that for guitar its different and I can use the one I like best and the response of it is just a matter of taste..
About the lead and bass speakers, I know that you no longer do that "distinction", but probably Its better to try to get a vintage speaker.. but it depends on your recommendation ;)
- Nuno Cardinho 03 Aug 2018 at 01:27 PM
As we don`t sell 15" speakers we cannot recommend a make, you need a speaker designed to be used with bass guitar with 250 watts minimum to be used with your IBS bass - JOANNA GREEN 03 Aug 2018 at 01:39 PM
Ok ok.. thanks anyway ;) I was looking for a more technical support other than knowing the advisable power rate :p.. That I already knew..
I'll try to get the best possible speaker to this rare vintage cab.. I think it deserves ;)
- Nuno Cardinho 03 Aug 2018 at 01:43 PM
Loading - please wait...