JVM 205H footswitch / blue light?

vote

I just got a JVM 205H ,used ,, but the footswitch on 1 &2 stay blue and I cant seem to switch to the green yellow or red  modes . I have the manual but I cant seem to find anything about a blue led on the footswitch. I tried to do the reset on both the head and the footswitch but the blue light and the problem is still there . anyone whats up with that?

asked 31 Aug 2018 at 10:23 PM

steven Allbright (1)
Answers: 2

votes

Hello Steven,

The JVM205 footswitch has never been fitted with a blue LED this must have been changed by the previous owner. We recommend that you take it to an engineer so the orginial LED can be fitted.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 06 Sep 2018 at 09:21 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
I bought my Marshall JVM 205H brand new last year including a four button foot switch. Today one of the LEDs turned Blue and stayed Blue when I tried to store a new setting. It definitely has a blue LED and has not been modified. Until today the LEDs have toggled Green, Amber, Red. I had not programme the switch for several months so had forgotten how to programme the switch and I admit I did not really know exactly what I was doing. I enabled the programme switch on the head, pressed the footswitch button for a while, pressed a channel switch on the head and the Blue LED was the result. I have no idea what setting I have achieved but the other buttons on the footswitch still work fine. It would be great to know what the Blue LED means. - Richard Ward 26 Mar 2019 at 08:08 PM

votes

Hello Richard,

We would recommend re setting the pedal to factory spec, if this doesn`t solve the problem we recommend having an engineer look at it for you.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 27 Mar 2019 at 09:27 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Thanks for the default advice but I would really like to understand all the functions of the four button footswitch. Just by re-programming I have got the footswitch working just fine and the blue-LED is no-longer lit. I did not need to reset the footswitch to factory settings. However it really is able to display a clear blue LED; this is not a fault and it is only as few months old / unmodified and still under warrenty. It seems that somehow I had manage to link button 3 to the RED crunch setting on button 1. ie if I scrolled though Green and Amber to Red on button 1 then the blue LED came on button 3. It must be a feature that is not documented in the manual. I took photos and can send images of the Blue LED displayed if necessary. It is a very vivid Blue.

Is it possible to find out from the designers what is the significance of the Blue LED when displayed on the footswitch and also how to programme it.
Also for any future enquiries by others it is worth the support team being aware that there are Blue LEDs in these JVM2 4 button footswitches (as well as Green, Amber and Red) and it does not need to be factory re-set or seen by an engineer.
Thanks Richard
- Richard Ward 27 Mar 2019 at 08:34 PM
Hello Richard,

Please can you send the photos to servicedesk@marshall.com

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- JOANNA GREEN 28 Mar 2019 at 12:07 PM
Loading - please wait...