unknown bluetooth connections

votes

Hi,

I listen to music through wifi/spotify on my Marshall Acton. The past few weeks I notice occasionally that it will turn on and play randomly. This sometimes happens very early or late at night at very loud volumes to the point where I've had to unplug the speaker when I'm asleep. I've now debugged the issue to an unknown bluetooth device connecting. I can see it is some kind of DESKTOP device (which I don't own); I see it pop up occasionally on the ios app as connected. 

It must be a neighbor in my apartment complex either doing this on accident or pranking me (doesn't really matter). But I can't seem to stop it. I don't use bluetooth and have never connected to the speaker via bluetooth. Can I disable bluetooth or somehow reset it to stop the unknown device from connecting? I love the speaker otherwise but it's a huge hassle to have this issue. 

Thanks!

asked 01 Sep 2018 at 02:14 AM

Tyler Sorensen
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for your message, you can only connect to the Actons bluetooth if it is selected on the unit, if you have selected input then no one will be able to connect via bluetooth.

Marshall Support

answered 03 Sep 2018 at 08:10 AM

Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing they must have accidentally paired at one point while I was initially exploring the speaker options. I reset the device per the instructions here:

https://support.marshallheadphones.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005131985-How-to-Acton-Multi-Room-Factory-Reset

I'll try it out for a few days and see what happens. Thanks!
- Tyler Sorensen 10 Sep 2018 at 12:35 AM

votes

You can only connect to the Actons bluetooth if it is selected on the unit.

Don Green

edited 30 Oct 2019 at 09:10 AM

answered 30 Oct 2019 at 09:01 AM

Don Green
Loading - please wait...