how to fix usb latency in my pc speakers

votes

please help me! i've tried asio4all spend hours to try but always that anoying latency

USB

asked 20 Sep 2018 at 12:25 AM

daryl leblanc
Answers: 4

votes

Hi.

I'm sure there are loads of people around here that would love to help you but I think you need to provide some additional information Daryl.

This above being said (and due to the lack of information I have to make some assumptions here):

Recording direct via USB (via ASIO4ALL) isn't the way to go I'm afraid to say.  I've never been able to use ASIO4ALL with anything without huge latency to be honest (so it's not the CODE amps. I don't think).  Hoping that you have an external audio interface: you're better off using the ASIO driver for the interface and using the line out (headphone socket) from the amp. to record.  This way you can get almost zero latency.  What's more (and there's been some disagreement about this but I stand by my own testing on this issue): there's definitely a more rounded and fuller sound when doing it this way than via USB (for what particular reason I know not but it is what it is).  And first prize (if it's possible i.e. it's not possible in everybody's case I know): mic. up the amp.  That's how I do it anyway.  It's the only way to capture that real Marshall sound from these amps. because, unfortunately, the direct sound is very dry (pretty much the same thing you're going to get from amp. sims. before applying a boatload of effects).  If micing. them up is an option: lemme know and I can give you some ideas, if you like, that work well.

Regards,

Dale.

answered 20 Sep 2018 at 04:09 PM

Dale Paterson (105)
Well even without asio4all i still have plenty of latency and to be honest i'
ve tried the line out but it cancel the amp speakers wich is not really a line out would've been great to have a real line out without canceling the amps speakers so i guess the best to record with a mic! to bad because with my blackstar id260 there was no latency at all with the USB and yet it has a full stereo line out without cancelling the amp speakers and yes overall i really like my marshall code100 combo Thanks!
- daryl leblanc 20 Sep 2018 at 07:22 PM

votes

Hello.

I'm just curious:

because with my blackstar id260 there was no latency at all with the USB

Does the Blackstar have it's own driver???

Regards,

Dale.

answered 21 Sep 2018 at 11:30 AM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

Yes and with a software wich you can see it's interface on your computer  the code can  only seen trough a phone via bluetooth

too bad marshall doesn't have a pc software too edit and exchange preset and a good usb without latency

thanks!

answered 21 Sep 2018 at 12:02 PM

daryl leblanc

votes

Hello.

Interesting about the Blackstar.

Anyways.  Sorry.  It doesn't seem as though I can help you with your latency issues BUT I CAN help you with software which is EXACTLY what you're looking for and can be found on the link below.

https://marshallcode.tools/pc-editor/

It's not software by Marshall Amplification but it works great (it's the only software I use with my CODE amps.).

Have fun.

Regards,

Dale.

answered 21 Sep 2018 at 12:55 PM

Dale Paterson (105)
Loading - please wait...