Open Post to Marshall Amplification

votes

Please read this post in the spirit in which it is posted.

I monitor these forums regularly as I have five Marshall CODE amps. and I guess I like to see what's going on and stay up-to-date.  And I suppose I enjoy sharing my knowledge and helping others where I can.  I must also note that I've not had any of the issues described on these forums with any of my CODE amps.  And I must also note that I think they're the best modelling amps. around i.e. they're Marshalls and enough said.

But what concerns me (and hence this post) is this: there really does seem to be a lack of interest on the part of Marshall Amplification when it comes to the CODE range (at least here on the forums i.e. if emailing Technical Support yields different results then I do apologise) (and given the fact that I've had no issues at all with any of my CODE amps., as noted above, I've never had to contact Technical Support so I would not know).  It's almost as if Marshall regret the day they got into this modelling business (and if that's not the case: sorry but that's my personal impression at the moment after, what, around eighteen months or so of monitoring these forums???).  I mean to say: there are so many posts around here (dating back) asking for feedback re: apparent bluetooth issues, projected dates for new firmware updates, etc. etc. etc.  And no answers.  There's even been one or two posts asking if Marshall is going to continue with the CODE range or if it's something they want to get away from.  No answer.  I think you get the picture.

The above being said: I do understand how frustrating it must be to be asked the same old questions over and over and over again ESPECIALLY when a forum member couldn't even be bothered to search the forums for an answer before posting and asking a question or before reading the manual.  Hell: if I had a few USD or GBP or EUR for every time I've answered a question on here re: standalone software to control these amps. well, then, I'd probably buy some more CODE amps.!!!  LOL!!!  Point is and all jokes aside: I do get it.  But it's no excuse for a lack of response on some very key issues (like those mentioned above).  And what's more: for some they're not asking for favors i.e. they're quite willing to help themselves but need a little bit of input (the Master Volume issue comes to mind here) and they just don't get that input.  And (back to the firmware issue): some are even prepared to roll back their firmware to a previous version as (apparently)  some issues were not issues in previous versions i.e. they're not even insisting that a new, immediate, firmware update with fixes is made available.  Fairer than that I don't think they could be.  But: no response (or, in some cases, a very non-committal response anyway).

In closing: I don't know if I'm correct in my assumption that Marshall isn't too interested in this CODE range of amps.  I also don't know if, maybe, this (perceived on my part anyway) lack of interest is because this particular market is quite tough nowadays (what with other modelling amps. and a plethora of plugins and the rest of the junk out there) and maybe the core business (the more expensive and professional products) is being conentrated on and these CODE amps. are just an irritation.  But you need to know this (as I have noted already): they are STILL Marshall amplifiers.  And there is nothing on the market (whether it be another modelling amp. or a plugin) that sounds like these amps. (or, at very least, comes as close to emulating the more expensive and professional Marshall valve amps.).  So they are actually something to be proud of Marshall.  Just bear this in mind going forward.

As I said: please read in the spirit in which this is being posted.

No response is necessary either.  But please do take cognisance of what I've posted above going forward.

Regards,

Dale.

asked 20 Sep 2018 at 09:12 AM

Dale Paterson (105)
Good speech, Dale! :) (thumbs up) - ilya macle0d 20 Sep 2018 at 04:53 PM
Answers: 4

votes

Hi Dale,

Thank you for your comments, we are very proud of all the products that we manufacture and we are investing a great deal of time and energy into the Code. Responses may seen vague at times but when we have definite answers we are the first to let our customers know, please be assured that we do respond to all techinical queries and there are other avenues to contact the techinal team and many queries are dealt with the customer direct.

Our techincal team are working on all issues customers are having, any delays are to guarntee that the new firmware does not cause any further issues.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 20 Sep 2018 at 10:57 AM

I'm responding to Marshall through your post Dale.......Ummmm....Marshall.....no you don't. You blame the issues on our phones or something else. You don't give answers that are satisfactory.....I agree with you Dale.... - Jamie Carter 26 Sep 2018 at 02:31 PM

votes

Hello.

Thanks for the response.  It wasn't necessary but thank you.

I'm sure your response will put many a mind at ease (I hope so anyway).

And I'll continue to help out as best I can over here.  Obviously I'm not privy to the inner workings (electronics) of these things but I reckon I do know how to "make them sing (growl)".

Thanks again.

Regards,

Dale.

answered 20 Sep 2018 at 03:55 PM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

"Hell: if I had a few USD or GBP or EUR for every time I've answered a question on here re: standalone software to control these amps. well, then, I'd probably buy some more CODE amps.!!!  LOL!!!"

Yes-yes ;-)

edited 21 Sep 2018 at 09:58 AM

Denis Moysienko (85)

answered 21 Sep 2018 at 09:57 AM

Denis Moysienko (85)

votes

I too agree,. Im a proud owner of 2 code 100h that i use together as a stereo unit on stage (with proper marshall vintage cabs). I find it absolutely amazing the things that can be done with the code series amps. (Even moreso with 2 at the same time) I too have some slight issues with bluetooth connectivity, but nothing that makes the device unusable as you just have to re-pair the device, as I do on every bluetooth device, with windows10 bluetooth. The only thing i truly dont like is to access the tuner via upgraded pedal is to turn an entire button into the tuner bank, so its a tuner on every preset instead of just 1. 

I feel Marshall doesnt push the code series like it could or SHOULD!. They try to sell it as a portable cheap unit that makes a bunch of different sounds, so you dont have to carry your $1800 jubilee and $1600 marshall cab., But they dont see that it indeed is a serious amp besides that, that in a blindfolf test would confuse probably most musicians on which is the actual model or the emulator. I understand marshall would rather sell a jubilee than a $400 code amp, but then why make the product at all? 

Right now you only hear of people like me on forum that love them, but mostly bad reviews from "experienced" youtube guitarists that only play a select tone anyway. I find it almost demeaning as a code series lover that marshall hasent found 1 well known respected guitarist with his "code rig and chain" to help sell these and let us keep our dignity. haha (humor for that last one). Not 1 guitar center video, not a single online sales video of it being played (by a noteable guitarist and not just the salesman((as talented as he is he doeant count)), not any sort of alternate uses like the endless options of tone mixing in ab use. It is kinda bad how horribly marshall has attempted to sell the amp as they honestly could with practical ways guitarists do things and what makes them decide to buy. 

answered 04 May 2019 at 01:57 PM

William Burleson
Loading - please wait...