Non Code cab..

votes

Hi

Currently running my Code100H through the matched 4x12 cab but find, at volume, the sound a bit 'harsh'? i've actually plugged it through a spare bass cab and get far better tone! is anyone else experiencing this and are there any solutions? am i missing a trick?? i'm possibly looking at plugging it through a 1936v 2x12 cab. I know i will need to turn the cab selection off on the amp but just want a better all round tone..

tia

asked 08 Oct 2018 at 01:37 PM

Troy Steadman
Answers: 1

vote

Hi Troy,

Thank you for message. Different speakers/cabs will give a very different tone. You will experience more pronounced high frequencies with the Code cabinet in comparison to a 1936V. You can try experimenting by turning down the ‘presence’ and ‘treble’ controls quite a lot if you want a smoother sound. 

If you do prefer the sound of the 1936V then there is no reason not to use it apart from you may with to turn the cabinet emulation off as you mentioned in your email. The speakers in the 1936V are Celestion ‘Vintage’ speakers which are much more expensive which is why you would experience a better tone. 

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

edited 09 Oct 2018 at 08:06 AM

answered 09 Oct 2018 at 08:05 AM

Thanks for the reply/advice. Think i need to spend more time experimenting (at volume) to get the best out of it. The whole 'Code' set up works for me and what want, just looking for the best sound possible.
Thanks again.
- Troy Steadman 12 Oct 2018 at 04:12 PM
Loading - please wait...